PDA

View Full Version : throttle issue or trans?

cutlassburnin
08-01-2008, 02:10 PM
This may sound a bit stupid to a few of you guys but here my delema.

My cars a monster from about 30mph to around 65-70ish, I mean pulls pretty damn hard, but before 30 the things a slug. Is this a throttle response issue or a trans issue?

I needa figure this out so i can win a few more races. Imports nail me off the line If they have some real work but i smoke em in the mid range.

dcjredline
08-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Feelin the same thing in my Formula. I am leaning on mine towards FUEL but havent been able to find the time to get out there and check pressure. Best thing to do is start out looking for vacuum leaks, test sensors that can be tested free at AZ and check fuel pressure if you have a gauge, mount it so you can watch it while driving and see what it is doing in times the car isnt running right.

cutlassburnin
08-01-2008, 11:51 PM
I havent even really thought about fuel yet...good advice man. I need to check over the entire engine actually..i havent been uder the hood for much besides installing a new intake in awhile.

Jr's3800
08-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Did you remove the MAF Screen? If you did you may want to install it and see how it drives

cutlassburnin
08-02-2008, 09:54 PM
yea i took it out but it drives the same as before. I really wish i had the cash to just get a total reflash on the ecu.

Jr's3800
08-03-2008, 05:11 PM
I think I have asked you this Before.... But do you know what the real purpose of that MAF Screen is? And it doesn't just keep debris out of the engine...

You sound more like you need a scan tool to do a live scan to see why you have lag..

I have no lag on any of my buick engines..

dcjredline
08-04-2008, 12:35 AM
Yeah there is no reflash (far as I know) for these computers they have a removable mem-cal which has all your engines specific info on it.

cutlassburnin
08-04-2008, 01:01 AM
sorry i mainly ment a chip, I found one once( i think it was from jet) but i havent been able to find it again..hopefull it isnt discontinued.

85 Holiday
08-04-2008, 02:18 AM
Keeps out debris and reduces air turbulence for proper reading by the sensor.
On some cars if you remove the screen it can actually cause a CEL

dcjredline
08-04-2008, 01:16 PM
sorry i mainly ment a chip, I found one once( i think it was from jet) but i havent been able to find it again..hopefull it isnt discontinued.

If your having a sensor or FI issue that chip will be nothing but a waste of money to you. Your better off troubleshooting it in STOCK form then if you must then buy the chip.