PDA

View Full Version : seat swap

mixxeastwood
08-03-2008, 11:31 PM
would it be difficult to take the seats and tracks from a century and put them into a celeb and trash the stock front bench

any help would be appreciated

dcjredline
08-04-2008, 12:32 AM
Possible but money and time are a different matter. If you have a good set of tools and bench tools then you could prolly do it in a day. May need to make more holes for the buckets, get some BIG A$$ washers to put under the car body when bolting the seats to just body metal.

mixxeastwood
08-04-2008, 01:43 AM
thanks man, ive been considering it for a while

mixxeastwood
08-04-2008, 01:45 AM
so i could just remove the bench, mark new hole for the century's tracks...mount them down wit big a$$ washers like you said and put the seats on the guides and id be in business?

expalin about the bench tools...

dcjredline
08-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Well a grinder etc.. or whatever you want to make some brackets if the mounts are low. You could need to do some fabrication you never know. I put 94 Camaro seats in my 75 Nova and had to make a bracket for the inside front track mount to sit up high enough. Without some shop tools it would have been harder but still possible.

86euro
08-05-2008, 12:59 AM
You should only need to make new holes if your stock bench is the solid, non-split type.

Pontiac6ksteawd
08-05-2008, 06:02 AM
You should only need to make new holes if your stock bench is the solid, non-split type.

Quoted for truth. If however, your bench seat is solid, you will have to pull the carpet up, and see if the bolts slide peices are there. If they are, you just slide in bolts from the donor car, and put in the seats. If no seat slides are there, you will have to weld the bolts down for safety reason. Drilling a hole with big azz washers weakens the metal, and in a accident, the metal could tear.