PDA

View Full Version : 3300 wound turnover

LordDurock
10-08-2007, 06:57 PM
okay so i went ot see if the 3300 in the werecked 89 skylark to see if it would run. but i can get it to trunover just the seloind noise. is there some facny error code that happens when a car get hit that wount let it start of what............

CieraSL92
10-08-2007, 07:07 PM
No there isn't. I had an old tempo that got hit and wouldn't restart, but it cutoff fuel. Starter still ran. I'm 99% there is no such thing as a starter interlock after a crash on these older GM's.

Try to rotate the crank with a wrench. If this is the skylark that's sat for like 10 years, the pistons could be frozen.

LordDurock
10-08-2007, 07:11 PM
No there isn't. I had an old tempo that got hit and wouldn't restart, but it cutoff fuel. Starter still ran. I'm 99% there is no such thing as a starter interlock after a crash on these older GM's.

Try to rotate the crank with a wrench. If this is the skylark that's sat for like 10 years, the pistons could be frozen.

ill try it but its colorado and i never had the happen before jsut for fun it been sitting for..........*thinks about it* 15 years:D

LordDurock
10-11-2007, 05:42 PM
okay she truns over just fine when i use a piece of wire to jump my starter but the key is wacked

it did start the car once when after i did the wire thing though

CieraSL92
10-14-2007, 06:07 AM
So you get the solenoid click when you turn it over to start, but it doesn't crank.

What terminal did you jump it to? Positive to the motor terminal?

LordDurock
10-15-2007, 08:48 PM
So you get the solenoid click when you turn it over to start, but it doesn't crank.

What terminal did you jump it to? Positive to the motor terminal?

i used wire to jump the power to the seliond on the starter and she cranks so it looks like its some anti start deivice that truned on when she was wrecked

CieraSL92
10-17-2007, 01:13 AM
No anti-start device. I have an n-body manual, and none is listed. They typically cut off fuel anyway, not the starter. Who's going to be trying to restart the car when there legs are caught under the dash?

Severely corroded wire or blown fuse/ignition switch..

LordDurock
10-17-2007, 04:54 PM
No anti-start device. I have an n-body manual, and none is listed. They typically cut off fuel anyway, not the starter. Who's going to be trying to restart the car when there legs are caught under the dash?

Severely corroded wire or blown fuse/ignition switch..

no one but all it has is a small wrinkcel as the front of the passager fender and mashed to hell radator support

okay thanks i going to go look more closely as soon as this weather passes