PDA

View Full Version : 6000 Dashboard

Nexum
12-26-2008, 05:57 AM
Hey guys. Just found the site, and I'm glad I did. Anyway, I've got a 1990 6000 LE that I've had since high school that I'm working on restoring. The hardest thing for me to find is a new dash; the AZ sun put a big split down mine. None of my local JY's seem to have one, any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The Mad Hatter
12-26-2008, 02:08 PM
Welcome to the site! Couple of suggestions. You could try http://www.car-part.com, or somebody on here might have one close to you. I'm out of NC, which is a bit far from you, but there are a fair number of 6k's in my local yards.

a1veedubber
12-28-2008, 05:16 AM
I agree with the car-part suggestion, though shipping might be a a bit expensive for a whole dashboard. Trust me though.....you are lucky to have that cracked dash.....you could live up in the frozen north with us and have a car that is rust from the beltline down!! :lol:

Here locally, I do see quite a few 6000's in the yards, usually the dashes are good too. What color are you looking for?

Pontiac6ksteawd
12-28-2008, 06:16 AM
I also have been searching for a clean 6000 dash...

But then I found out that my wife may want a new car, and if that happens, the AWD is going on a diet, wondering if I can get the AWD setup to hold up to 350 HP..

Details to follow (once I get the aproval to get her a new car)...

Nexum
12-31-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the replies. Mine's the federal blue(I think that's what the name was). It's been bugging me for years; along with the headliner drooping on my head. :)

Oklahoma
12-31-2008, 10:25 PM
I've had to replace headliners in 2 Cutlass Cieras. I buy them from WLS headliners (on the internet); they're not hard to do and they make the interior look miles better.