PDA

View Full Version : Custom Bumper Almost Done!

bubblebob88
01-02-2009, 08:51 PM
I managed to pretty much finish the sanding, next I need to fill the air gaps, cut the stock air dam off (do minor sanding too) then create the lower lip, here's the near finished picture:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e9/bubblebob88/1230930567.jpg

It looks alot like a Eurosport VR almost, I'm cutting out the blinker light sections I think much like the VR, I may do fog lights but I dont know yet, I'll do some photo editing with different ideas eventually and will put up a poll later, thought I'd keep ya guys updated!

Tonglebeak
01-02-2009, 10:42 PM
So, depending on how well this turns out...how much would you charge for a body kit (if you're willing to reproduce them)?

bubblebob88
01-03-2009, 03:03 AM
I dont know yet, I will make copies though if I have the time. But I haven't finished my kit yet so I cant really say anything but that I enjoy doing this and may build multiples. This bumper cost $50 total, probably $20ish for the rear and $50 for the skirts total, but I haven't built this yet completely. I might sell kits around $400? I'm not going to charge insane amounts of money for my time creating because I enjoy doing this. I'll let everyone know when its completed.

Tonglebeak
01-03-2009, 03:30 AM
Alright cool, keep us posted :0

bubblebob88
01-03-2009, 03:43 AM
The cool thing is I might be able to offer multiple styles, by using a basic shape, I can carve out multiple fog light set ups, blinkers or not, different air dam designs and such, so I can be pretty flexible but I also encourage others to try this themselves, its so much fun! But I'll get some ideas for my first bumper and make a poll soon enough, maybe tonight.