PDA

View Full Version : Acclaim

CieraSL92
01-30-2009, 06:23 PM
Anybody have any experience with these? I'm looking at a car for my mother. Basically around town kinda car, maybe a trip to Maine/NH once in awhile.

I have a picture of it around somewhere-body looks mint. Guy said it's a 1993 Plymouth Acclaim auto with a 4-cylinder w/133k. If your not familar with it, it's based on the same platform (at least they look alike) as the Dodge spirit and the Chrysler Acclaim.

I could probably handle most of the stuff, but does this suffer from the same tranny issues the caravans had?

Pontiac6ksteawd
01-30-2009, 09:49 PM
Underpowered, around town cars. The engines have known problems with head gasket failures. They also have a timing belt, so find out when it was last changed. Weakest part of these cars are the tranny. They love failing. But last longer with the 4 cyl cause of the low power.

a1veedubber
01-30-2009, 10:53 PM
The short answer to your question is yes, they have the very same issues. IMHO these are far better cars when equipped with the 3.0l v6. My father has a 94 or so Lebaron that is the very same car, it has pretty good power with the six.

Burgundy Ciera
02-02-2009, 03:50 AM
They are basicly just a redesigned K car, same crappy 2.2 engine, gutless, and as mentioned above they blow head gaskets and have timing belt issues.

CieraSL92
02-02-2009, 04:41 AM
Yeah I passed on it.