PDA

View Full Version : Something wrong with the forum?

Pontiac6ksteawd
02-17-2009, 07:42 AM
Half of the day now, the forum has been down. Not pingable, nothing. Then all of a sudden, its back, and working fine.

Whats the deal?

turbokinetic
02-18-2009, 12:42 AM
Does that to me from time to time. Usually comes back after 5 or 10 minutes though. Been extra choppy lately. I always "select all - copy" my text before submitting it. That way if I get a bullshit message and lose my message, I can start over and "paste" my reply back into the form.

Cutlass
02-18-2009, 02:05 AM
Servers can go down. Haven't really noticed it much here though. Not much I can do about server issues.

turbokinetic
02-18-2009, 02:16 AM
Servers can go down. Haven't really noticed it much here though. Not much I can do about server issues.

I always thought it was just our "fringe-area" high-speed internet in rural Alabama!

LordDurock
02-18-2009, 03:00 AM
no i had troubles as well i just walk away and come back latter

Tuddi
02-18-2009, 05:51 AM

Continous and repeated server issues can be handled. Changing to a new hosting company does the trick. I did just that with all my domains (but one) after I had enough of the instability and endless broken promises by the hosting company.

Since then the server has gone down only once (more than a year now).

Accepting servers down and excuses from the hosting compnay, equals being complicit in their "crimes".