PDA

View Full Version : A-body at the Nazca lines

Tuddi
02-20-2009, 05:56 AM
Here a couple of panos I took earlier this week during my little vacation.

The first one is seen from the tourist tower on the Nazca plateau. Very limited view compared to what can be seen from a plane, but still, it gives an idea about what things look like. I had to wait for more than half an hour before I could start shooting, due to a steady stream of tourists coming up to have a look at the lines. When people walk up the stairs, the whole tower trembles, and makes it impossible to get unshook photos. But the waiting finally paid off.

http://flashificator.com/1/NazcaTower

This second pano is a very nice place to pass through. It's all desert around, mountains that have been baking in the sun for the past millions of years, and then there is this green green valley blooming with life. Incredible contrast to the wasteland around it. This is only 15 or so minutes away from the Nazca plateau (driving). A-body also present in this pano.

http://flashificator.com/1/NazcaValley

This last one I just drop in for keeps sake. It's a few hours away from Nazca. The 4x4 is based on a Suburban frame and engine... so it's at least GM related.

http://flashificator.com/1/Huacachina

bubblebob88
02-20-2009, 06:16 AM
Wow, did you make those yourself? That's awesome if you did! That second link, when you look at that nearby cliff, that's a huge rocking hanging out the side ready to fall! Really cool stuff man

Tuddi
02-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Those are my works yes. Thank you for approving words.

Where the rock is sticking out, I took a leak against the "wall" of rocks/dust/sand/earth, and upon hitting the mass, the earth and rocks just crumbled and fell down instantly. It hardly ever rains there, so things stay put... unless idiots like me start spreading piss around.

mickstan_VR
02-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Beautiful pics Tuddi. I really enjoy seeing those panaramas from your part of the world. Really makes you feel like you're there.

bubblebob88
02-22-2009, 05:04 AM
I can't stop viewing them, it's so neat. Yeah, I would be one of those people too haha!

bubblebob88
02-22-2009, 05:06 AM
Did you by any chance use a tripod, I found something on the ground and it looks like maybe a leg of the tripod left in. I don't know, I've been looking in the dirt on it for like 30 minutes now lol

Tuddi
02-22-2009, 05:38 AM
Thanks, thanks... and thanks for catching the leg of the tripod... now it's gone. This is what happens when one isn't paying close enough attention.

I use a tripod, panohead and a camera for the shooting, PTGui for stitching and Flash Panorama Player with my very own Flashificator for digital processing into a webpage.

This kind of photography is gaining ground, due to the quality one can offer, and the freedom the final viewer has to look where s/he wants. It is also possible to incorporate videos, music/speech, text fields, maps, google maps, slideshows, lensflares etc. inside the panos. For instance, if I sell a pano to a sports club, they can make money on the project by selling video ads or slide show ads to some company that wants to promote their products. So a project I might be selling for $2.000, could easily bring $10.000 in ad income to the sports club per year (if they have good marketing people). So it's a win-win situation for everyone if it's done right.

bubblebob88
02-22-2009, 05:09 PM
WOW! That's a good chunk of cash, glad to help, I'll only charge like $50, cool? Haha