PDA

View Full Version : So why is this 2008 Chevy Cobalt selling for under $4000 on eBay?

white89euro
03-16-2009, 05:24 PM
This is for eBay #270357479893

Here is the direct link: http://tinyurl.com/cn74az

Here is the toolhaus.org link for the seller's feedback:
http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=escalade9240&Dirn=Received+by&ref=home

I'm confused about this car. It looks great, but I think it MUST be a salvaged title car and hobbled together, probably very poorly done. The ad says it is "CD Title" car and must be sold for export only. When questioned the seller would not admit the car was a salvaged vehicle, but offered that some states would title the car, but I would have to check with my state's DMV first. What?

The price is really cheap, but I'm scared of this car.

Does anyone know what is going on here? The car is located in Miami, Florida in case anyone down that way cares to take a look.

Thanks,
George

LordDurock
03-16-2009, 06:17 PM
they say the car is only good for export.....im guessing because of the slavge title as well

could be that the car is in fine shape just had to have some minnor work done on it from and accdint

RIPBARNBURNER
03-16-2009, 07:12 PM
looks like it might have been thrown together after an accident, look at the hubcaps, they dont match quite....

CieraSL92
03-16-2009, 07:41 PM
Inspection:
Inspected

Warranty: Unspecified

Vehicle title: Salvage

Condition: Used

It's clearly listed as a salvage title. Mass will title it as long as it's inspected by a mechanic and state trooper prior to it being registered.

Pontiac6ksteawd
03-16-2009, 11:46 PM
be careful of what you buy from this seller. Most of the cars he sells are NOT registrable in the USA. They only come with a Florida Certificate of Destruction. These can not be converted to a rebuilt title anywhere in the US.

I already checked, he had a 08 GXP Grand Prix V8 that he was selling for 6000. With a Certificate, nothing can be done.

Edit: Fixed for clarification.

Tuddi
03-17-2009, 12:03 AM
Actually this has caught my interest. Very cheap.... even with transport to Peru, taxes and duties, it would end up at less than half the market price.... giving space for good profit if sold again.

Am contacting a friend of my wife's who has imported a few cars from the US for selling over here.... to know if there is something unknown to me that needs to be kept in mind. Do you have a link to this Grand Prix?

white89euro
03-17-2009, 04:36 AM
Brian. THANK YOU VERY MUCH for explaining that CD means Certificate of Destruction and what that means (can't be titled in most of USA)

Tuddi, click on the link to the car on eBay that I provided. Then search on "View sellers other items" at upper right of the eBay ad. That should show the Grand Prix.

George

Tuddi
03-17-2009, 05:26 AM
I did that earlier, then there were 4 vehicles... now there are only 3: Cobalt, Mustang and Ford F350 moving van. The 4th (now gone) was a Chrysler.. not a shadow of the Grand Prix. Maybe it was sold. But thanks anyways.