PDA

View Full Version : Robbers Use Swords At Restaurant

85_Ciera_Rebuild
03-18-2009, 02:12 AM
A pair of robbers are caught on tape holding up an East Tulsa Charlie's Chicken (http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Robbers-Use-Swords-At-Restaurant/srz-Tbv3okiO_Cei6vURjw.cspx?rss=77). What makes this crime unique: the robbers are armed with swords!

Detectives say the crime happened last Friday. Surveillance video shows the robbers-- armed with swords-- forcing the workers to the ground. They even poked and threatened the workers with the swords.

Tuddi
03-18-2009, 02:31 AM
There have been reports of shortages of ammo around the US. Some people stockpile tens of thousands of rounds for "home protection" purposes.... so maybe it's affecting the criminals... not being able to get ammo forces them to get some older weapons... I wonder if they know how to sharpen their blades?

LordDurock
03-18-2009, 02:55 AM
no just the danm obama scare making people by guns and ammo so they can have them just in cases they cant get it any more. no realy all that bad as there is about 7 guns per person in the US

i bought 440 round becuase my gun is of russan make and importing of cheap ammo may be banded.....making reloading re loadable brass cot about 1.20 a round vs 35 cents (1.20 based on getting re loadable brass after that he cost goes down with each reload as the brass get payed off) but with reloading getting steel core ammo i found can be hard. :(

Tuddi
03-18-2009, 03:14 AM
If you run out of ammo, you know you can always sharpen a leaf spring and use it as a sword :)

When I lived in Iceland back in 1993-4, I had 7 rifles, and fired thousands of rounds every month. Mostly target practicing, but also hunting. There is no sense in having a firearm if one doesn't have ammo for it as well.

LordDurock
03-18-2009, 03:40 AM
that's my thought. on guns and a well hunting and target shooting and lots of ammo

85_Ciera_Rebuild
03-18-2009, 04:16 AM
There have been reports of shortages of ammo around the US.

the overwhelming majority of bulk ammunition (http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/us-ammo-shortage-dont-blame-mexican-cartels/2/) purchases in this country are from U.S. law enforcement and from civilian shooters that do not trust the current economic climate, the Democratic Party, or our present anti-gun administration.

A local North Carolina Wal-Mart sells 10,000-15,000 per shift if BoE employee counts are close to accurate, and a customer (white male) at the closest one purchased 5,600 rounds just two weeks ago. Ammo sales are through the roof everywhere in the United States, not just along the southern border.