PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: Coupe Seat Belts

86euro
11-01-2007, 03:05 AM
I'm tired of driving around without a working seat belt. All the local yards currently don't have any coupes with a maroon interior, and haven't for months. Driver side is most important, but I think the passenger side is on it's way out also (needs help to retract, driver's won't retract at all). If anyone is going to the yard this weekend, please keep me in mind;)

Buick_powa
03-11-2008, 04:50 AM
I need one too for passenger side it's stuck and stay like that i have to always carry a f***in big blade srewdriver to unlock the belt

a1veedubber
03-11-2008, 06:26 AM
Two things,

1 86 Euro, how did those coupe belts work out? I hope they were OK.

2 Buick_powa, what color of pass side belt do you need? There are 4 coupes in my local yard right now. 1 light yellow interior, 2 maroon ones (the drivers side ones are broken on these, but al least 1 maroon pass side is good!) and finally 1 blue interior one. I have not checked the belts in this one yet.

If none of these colors work for you, I will keep my eyes peeled. The yard charges less than 10.00 USD for a seatbelt IIRC

a1veedubber
03-11-2008, 06:33 AM
I just looked at the pics of your sweet coupe in the other thread & it looks like I see a maroon interior! I'm going to the yard tomorrow & will snag the belt anyways....don't feel obligated to buy it though, if you dont want it I can always keep it as a spare. You can NEVER have enough spare parts for an out of production car!

Buick_powa
03-11-2008, 10:18 PM
I just looked at the pics of your sweet coupe in the other thread & it looks like I see a maroon interior! I'm going to the yard tomorrow & will snag the belt anyways....don't feel obligated to buy it though, if you dont want it I can always keep it as a spare. You can NEVER have enough spare parts for an out of production car!

yeah its the "dark red" interior btw marron wil do! how much for the belt! by time I was looking for one in my area!

And might you send it to me? i'll send you my postal adress via PM.

Thanks
Buick_powa

86euro
03-11-2008, 10:59 PM
1 86 Euro, how did those coupe belts work out? I hope they were OK.

Well, I never actually finished the install yet:uh: I took out the back seat and driverside rear panel, then one thing lead to another, and most of the car's interior was taken out:eek3: The weather went to crap and I haven't been able to finish yet.
I did find out two things though:
1. The reason my belt didn't retract was because the inner arm on the cable that connects to the swivel arm in the door jamb (does that make sense?) was broken.
2. A rear seat for a Eurosport VR will fit in the back of a coupe. It's a really tight fit on the sides, but if the lower screw holes on the side panels were cut off, it should fit no prob.

BTW, have you installed the tach yet?