PDA

View Full Version : STE/SE trim on a LE

Prospeeder
04-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Well im wondering, all the side skirts on the 6000 STE AWDs and S/E models, whats involved to install them on say a 6000 LE without them. How are they attached? Do they use those rivited on plastic clip things they slide down on and then are bolted on the bottom? Im going to be prepared so if I do run accross an STE/SE with them.

dcjredline
04-03-2009, 10:11 PM
There are plastic clips down the length of the rocker to hold the GFX on. I guess some double sided tape would do the trick for reinstallation on an LE but may be worse. Personally if I ever bought a nicer STE I would remove the gfx and use 2sided tape WITH the factory stuff. Maybe Brian can get you some pics of the ones I sold him I dont have the pics anymore.

Prospeeder
04-03-2009, 11:31 PM
alright, sounds like a damn good idea to me! Double side emblem tape to secure the clips would work well wouldnt it

86euro
04-04-2009, 03:11 PM
I wouldn't trust the double sided tape. It may work, but you never know until you try. I put the side skirts on my Celeb coupe and it was really easy. I just used screws to hold the retaining clips on, where the studs would normally go. However, the factory used what seemed like a million retainers and I thought that was overkill. I think I only used 5 or 6 retainers on each side.

Prospeeder
04-29-2009, 12:45 AM
question, are the clips rivited or bolted to the body? I wanna be prepared, Spokanes Pull N Save has 4 6000's of vairous years, and cheaaap prices, im hoping to hit the mother load!!!!

86euro
04-29-2009, 01:00 AM
The clips just snap onto little studs that are welded to the body. To remove them, tap them sideways about 1/2 inch. You'll see when you take the rocker extensions off, it's pretty easy.

Prospeeder
04-29-2009, 01:34 AM
oh.. i see why you were talkin about the double side tape, I think the double stick tape would work perfect, the 2 sided emblem tape is freakin insanly strong.