PDA

View Full Version : PS Pump and lines

CieraSL92
11-02-2007, 04:01 AM
I'm replacing my tensioner tomorrow. 3300 V6 incase yall dont know.

What size is that metal line on the back of the pump? Look's like it needs to be completely removed if I want to have enough room to get the tensioner out. Any tips? Biggest thing is what size are these lines.

And...AND! Oil pressure sensor is starting to let go. How big is that sob? Looks like uhm... 1 5/8 inch? Looks the only thing that would gtet it is a deep welled socket. Sizes here too, and any tips

thanks guys!

notsoslimshady76
11-02-2007, 04:32 AM
Im sorry I'm not that familiar with the 3300...but you and I both seem to be in the same boat. We're slowly replacing the little parts on our engines so they can keep running well. I hope its worth it :-/. For every sensor I replace, I seem to break another one in the process

dcjredline
11-02-2007, 01:16 PM
There is an oil pressure sensor socket specifically for this. It is an odd sided thing so a regular socket wont work well. Unless you want to destroy it and the new one trying to use the wrong tool.

Jr's3800
11-02-2007, 02:31 PM
THere should be enough room for you to unbolt the pump and move it around a bit to be able to remove the tensioner assembly....

And boy oh boy are you going to have fun