PDA

View Full Version : The cutlass owns an import ( no..not in a race) :)

cutlassburnin
04-16-2009, 03:30 AM
So my cutlass made a victim out of a tailgating brandy new altima...heres the story:

Im going down a side street with my girl in the car..look behind me and see an altima inching up and blowing stop signs...I pull up to a stop sign..stop and give it some gas to make some distance between him and I.

I dont know if he saw that as a challenge or what but then he got REALLY friggin close..I mean a foot off my bumper. I kept trying to get him off but couldnt..so I said screw it and just continued to the house.

So when its time to make a left( on a 2 way road) onto the block I signaled for at least a block than inched to the left to let him pass while i braked for the turn. And...THE DAMN KID NEVER HIT THE BRAKES! Jackass slams into the back of me at around 25mph. I check the girlfriend then make sure the kid wasnt going to try and run ( he had a 4 banger altima..he wasnt getting far :)
).

Him and I both park...I jump out of the car exspecting to find my car destroyed and about the knock the kid out.but...NOTHING BUT A SCRATCH!...and bit of scuffing. His car had a nice crack, heavy scuffing and was covered in blue, and since it was white...it stood out nicely. heh

Anyway since Ill prob be able to buff out most of the issues in my paint and touch up the scratch easily I just made him empty his pockets and hand over whatever cash he had on him..he admitted to it being his fault and apologized, and neither of us wanted to deal with cops or insurance companys so we called it even. He was young..itll be enough fun when he takes it home to mommy and daddy. hehe

Tuddi
04-16-2009, 03:37 AM
I just made him empty his pockets and hand over whatever cash he had on him

It could result in robbery charges... he could claim to have had much more money than whatever it was he had.

Bad things often turn ugly.

cutlassburnin
04-16-2009, 03:56 AM
well...he had 65 and i only made him give me 40 to cover materials to fix it..i think that was pretty nice of me overall.

bubblebob88
04-16-2009, 04:04 AM
Yeah but be careful. I just learned all to well about laws with buying the Daytona, I'll be in court soon over that car. It's crazy what can pop up. Did the kid ever say why he was being dumb?

cutlassburnin
04-16-2009, 04:26 AM
yea he said he thought he saw someone he knew and looked the other way...than the kid he thought he saw pulled up so i believed the story.

And whats wrong with the daytona deal bro?

a1veedubber
04-16-2009, 04:39 AM
I had that happen to me once in an old Ford wagon I used to own. The guy pleaded to me not to call the cops cause he didnt have insurance. He gave me 200.00 in cash & I used it to buy a new tailgate (he dented it pretty good) and paint it. I think I had about 25.00 left over at the end.

RIPBARNBURNER
04-16-2009, 01:13 PM
that sucks dude, but you gotta be careful in a situation like that. im glad noone was hurt, but it still might have been a good idea to at least exchange ins info. he can now go home and say that you backed into him or something stupid then took his money or whatever. hate to say it, but thats todays world. gotta keep your guard up. either way, glad to hear that you two and the car are ok

bubblebob88
04-17-2009, 04:47 AM
Well I bought it, got it and now I hate it. The kid lied his ass off about the condition, mechanically also. I know he spent the money already and I thought the lemon law covered used cars. When I told him I was sueing him he got cocky saying the lemon law only covers new cars and he wasn't entitled or able to give the money back. Well when you lie your ass off about the condition of the car, it's still illegal. I'll be in court over this car, found his mommy's number on the internet and calling her tomorrow since it's her name on the title and the account the money was sent too, so she is getting sued and I have a feeling she knows nothing of what her son did.

Laws and legal crap can be very twisted and tricky to work with, I just hope nothing comes from your situation.

Electra_T_Type
04-17-2009, 04:56 AM
I got rear ended in my Park Avenue by a damned Cougar last week. I just used a sissor jack too push the bumper back out :)

Tuddi
04-17-2009, 04:58 AM
Sorry to hear of your situation John. I may be wrong, but I don't think that lying is illegal when selling a car... or a vacuum cleaner... or anything else... (not even when wars are sold to the public). It's just "salesmanship". Just as if you buy a car for $10.000 after the seller has convinced you that it's normal list-price... and then you find out the next day that the list price is only $5.000... nothing illegal would have taken place. The seller would just have been good at what he did. Immoral, dishonest... but not illegal.

In your case, the seller can claim not having known of the mechanical state of the car... he can even claim that whatever there's wrong, has gone wrong AFTER you purchased the car.

Unfortunately I think it will be very hard for you to get anything out of suing him/her/them. But you have my good luck wishes in any case... (not that it will help in the court though).

bubblebob88
04-17-2009, 05:51 AM
Well he did say it all did work, I'm hoping, plus he said he forgot to mention the power locks and headlights. Stuff didn't work when he had it, and he knows it.

Not to mention he also stated the body condition wrong, more importantly the rust. He said that he didn't think to look under the car....

bubblebob88
04-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Not to mention I've been stalking him online, on turbododge.com, and found him asking for help stating all these things wrong that are still currently wrong. Looks like he is busted now!

Tuddi, your luck was indeed amazingly useful, all thanks to ya!

cutlassburnin
04-18-2009, 12:19 AM
Few days have gone by and havent heard a thing from the kid so I think its clear. Still have to buff the bumper out to see if I need to spray it or not.

LordDurock
04-18-2009, 03:39 AM
Well he did say it all did work, I'm hoping, plus he said he forgot to mention the power locks and headlights. Stuff didn't work when he had it, and he knows it.

Not to mention he also stated the body condition wrong, more importantly the rust. He said that he didn't think to look under the car....

you should look at all cars befor you drive them. infact it best to leave the owner with your car (maybe not your keys but the car) and take the car you want to by for a drive for a day........

now on things like my friends cammery which the guy said he did things like a clutch (which he didn't lol started slipping 3 weeks latter) you cant check for and you need to get on the bumms

bubblebob88
04-18-2009, 04:38 AM
I know I should by a car locally, its just a hard to find car and I shouldn't of hopped on it so quickly. I've learned a valuable lesson, can't touch it, can't test it - can't guarantee a word of anything the owner states! My lawyer says the case is in my favor, I'm thinking of just getting an srt-4