PDA

View Full Version : rant

LordDurock
04-27-2009, 04:39 AM
i get to pull half my motor tomarrow ERRRRR:rant:

if you guys have been keeping up my diesel is smoking white under load due to leaking o rings on a BRAN NEW F@## SET OF INJECTORS. (F#$% YOU EBAY GUY).

so after getting 5 out of 6 changed i know i a wretch STUCK between my head and heater box ( HOW THE H@#$ IT GOT IN THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE I DONT KNOW IT JUST SLID IN THERE) with a lose injector that i cant get to thread back in the hole..............errrrrrrr:rant:

yea damn the ebay guy

85_Ciera_Rebuild
04-27-2009, 05:17 AM
diesel is smoking white under load

White smoke use to mean water in combustion chamber....head gasket/etc...

LordDurock
04-27-2009, 05:44 AM
on a diesel it can also mean and incomplete burn aka. timing toretarded, low compression, or poor injection. as i know that the o rings are leaking it is poor injection.

you know how diesel give a puff of white smoke on start up that what that is but that is cuased but a low heat..aka no burning completly

85_Ciera_Rebuild
04-27-2009, 07:52 PM
diesel give a puff of white smoke on start up

I'll have to take another look...but on computer controlled semi-trucks and farm tractors, both pour the fuel to them on cold startup...it looks like dark fuel burn to me....but I will look again.

SilentWing
04-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Oh man.... I'm sorry you're having such trouble. I haven't been posting comments on it but I have been following your manual diesel posts, as has my fiance.

I hope you can work this all out without too much hassel...

I've had so many problems with ebay parts it's insane. I got a hub bearing for my car and right out of the freggin box it had play in it, got a header panel that doesn't fit my car although it's listed specifically for it... and something else I can't even remember. Never again.

LordDurock
04-28-2009, 05:56 AM
I'll have to take another look...but on computer controlled semi-trucks and farm tractors, both pour the fuel to them on cold startup...it looks like dark fuel burn to me....but I will look again.

in that case i should look gray. mix of black and white. i gotten rather good with diesels over the years of working on many a gm diesel.

blue smoke is oil (just like a gas)
black is rich ( like a gasser but much more pronounced)
white is (coolent, on incomplete burn (low compression, poor injection, over retarded timing)

clear (happy smell ;) )

LordDurock
04-28-2009, 05:58 AM
Oh man.... I'm sorry you're having such trouble. I haven't been posting comments on it but I have been following your manual diesel posts, as has my fiance.

I hope you can work this all out without too much hassel...

I've had so many problems with ebay parts it's insane. I got a hub bearing for my car and right out of the freggin box it had play in it, got a header panel that doesn't fit my car although it's listed specifically for it... and something else I can't even remember. Never again.

im glad to have even a leaking set because unlike many 350 diesel parts. the 350 and 4.3 (260 i think there is a 262 v8 diesel (made only in 78 i want to say what part just wont change over from) injectors have diffrint timings. so there rather rare like most thing for me car lol

SilentWing
04-28-2009, 04:10 PM
Well in that way the internet is a blessing, you can find Almost anything. It took me about a month of searching but I managed to find a rocker panel for my car, turns out those sites who claim to have them really don't.

Since the parts for your car are so rare though, you might want to ocassionally look for hard to find parts even if you don't need them depending on how long you plan on keeping your car and if you have some extra cash to stash parts. I plan on trying to save up after my car is done and painted to buy one rocker panel for each side from this place.

LordDurock
04-28-2009, 06:36 PM
yea i been keeping my eyes out for a spare car (any make/ modle will do) at the very lest a spare dressed motor

SilentWing
04-28-2009, 07:12 PM
Yeah, only one I saw on the net recently was an 81 park avenue with the 5.7. If I ever happen to run across a 4.3 I'll let you know, but like you said they're pretty darn rare

85_Ciera_Rebuild
04-28-2009, 07:30 PM
diesels over the years

Have you every smelled 2-1/2 ton military trucks...they have a distinct smell to their fuel burn...have no idea if its the fuel or military puts an odor-chemical into their fuel, or combustion process that gives them a distant odor.

LordDurock
04-29-2009, 02:11 AM
never have. idk i like diesel. i very prone to like old school ones. the idea if fuel being everyware (kersoine with some oil, jetfuel (aka off road fuel) ect just makes me happy..

oh wrench free my freind just sticks his hand down there and out come the ratch...... and then the socket and then the injecter. :)
so it all back to gether now just need get ti started and do the power streering

Electra_T_Type
04-29-2009, 03:02 AM
Slightly ot Ciera diesle in a yard.

LordDurock
04-29-2009, 04:05 AM
can you get me a power streeitn line the one that come off the pump (high perrside)
god i would love a hole motor but that not posable right now

LordDurock
04-29-2009, 10:19 PM
oh and i forgot the other cause of white smoke in a diesel. low fuel....causeing poor injection and the pump is sucking up all it an get but it not enought ;)

just ran out of fuel like a 1/4 form my house and lucky found 1/2 A GALLON of diesel....what a fun time starting