PDA

View Full Version : Fern Green Celebrity in local salvage yard

oldschoolgeek
05-04-2009, 04:00 AM
Any A-body people near Abilene Texas, there is a fern green Celebrity in a local salvage yard. FM600 has one. Complete interior, car was completely intact as of a week or so ago. Anyways, letting you guys know.

Pontiac6ksteawd
05-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Another one put out of its misery.. Bought time.. :)

white89euro
05-28-2009, 12:57 AM
From everything I've heard the Fern Green Celebritys are the most sought-after A-body cars on the collector circuit. This is at the big auctions, not the internet. People are entranced by the color - not silver, not lime green, and not a blend of the two, but its own color "Fern Green". If someone knows a good investment they'll buy the car before it gets crushed. The interior alone is worth $2000 to serious collectors (if it is also Fern Green) since most of the Fern Green cars came with grey interiors. a Fern on Fern car, as they are known, is the ultimate find.

George

86euro
05-28-2009, 02:45 AM
From everything I've heard the Fern Green Celebritys are the most sought-after A-body cars on the collector circuit. This is at the big auctions, not the internet. People are entranced by the color - not silver, not lime green, and not a blend of the two, but its own color "Fern Green". If someone knows a good investment they'll buy the car before it gets crushed. The interior alone is worth $2000 to serious collectors (if it is also Fern Green) since most of the Fern Green cars came with grey interiors. a Fern on Fern car, as they are known, is the ultimate find.

George

From what I've seen, the fern green cars really aren't rare at all. Seen a lot more of them than say, a VR or a Ciera GT. For a while, a local yard had an '86 Celebrity coupe that was fern green with a fern green bucket seat interior. It still might be there.

Also, I didn't think you could get them with a grey interior?

a1veedubber
05-28-2009, 04:35 AM

George

Fern on Fern?? Sounds like something I might like to DL off the internet :rofl:

Pontiac6ksteawd
05-31-2009, 02:33 AM
Fern on Fern?? Sounds like something I might like to DL off the internet :rofl:

And on a car, sounds like something I would donate to the fire dept for practice...

And no, they are not the most sought after A-Body, in fact, there isnt a sought after A-body.

If there was, I would probly say a Century GT or Ciera XC.