PDA

View Full Version : I must be a little off......and other ramblings....

T5258
05-08-2009, 01:58 AM
While my parents were on vacation in AZ, my dad asked me to bring his 93 SC400 to work to get the t-belt, water pump etc done....I had a 250hp V8 coupe at my disposal for a week....sounds great, right?? WRONG!!! I used it the day it was getting worked on, the following day to make sure there were no issues (since he's as mechanically inclined as a block of wood) and that was it!! I missed my 6000 THAT MUCH!! All I can say about myself is::wtf:......Pontiac really had it all in the 80's, so much so that I prefer driving a 21 year old 6000 STE over a Lexus!! Makes me that much angrier about GM phasing out Pontiac...it sucks that they lost the fun-to-drive identity they had in the 80's & (early) 90's....I swear, GM's marketing folks turned real stoopit in the last 10 yrs...did they really think the Aztek, Trans Sport, or Montana were good ideas??? Not that they were necessarily "bad" vehicles, they just didn't fit in Pontiac's niche of the market (then again, neither did the T-1000 in the 80's I guess)....

notsoslimshady76
05-08-2009, 04:24 AM
You happen to have a particularly" fun to drive" Pontiac. I wish GM had more manual transmissions!

LordDurock
05-08-2009, 05:32 AM
over all if you can find the parts the swap was rather easy the hardest part for me was the damn flywheel.

T5258
05-08-2009, 02:37 PM
You happen to have a particularly" fun to drive" Pontiac. I wish GM had more manual transmissions!

You know, they offered them in tons of vehicles in the 70's & 80's....just not many ordered, & of that, even fewer left....I mean, how many 4-speed 78-81 Grand Am & Grand Prix's do you see?? How about a 5-speed 260 V8 Cutlass?? They built 'em, but you'd never know it these days...the Monza/Skyhawk/Starfire/Sunbird quartet all had 4 & 5-speeds optional...hell, not that I'd want one, but the big Monte Carlos (73-77) had a 3 on the tree w/a 305 V8 as standard eqipment....From what I've read in old road tests, most of the writers didn't care for the manual trans offerings (other than Corvette, F-body), saying they had crummy shift linkages poor pedal placement etc...Other than my 6000, I've only seen 1 5-speed A-body, and thet was about 15 yrs ago (2 door Eurosport V6)....

cutlassburnin
05-08-2009, 05:13 PM
For the most part those things are just overpriced toyotas...the older models at least. My mom has an s10 blazer with the 4.3 vortec and a REAL k&n intake.... fun to drive? Hell no! Unless I needa move something I pick the olds.