PDA

View Full Version : Going to look at a W-body Thursday

dcjredline
05-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Anyone on the 6000 club prolly saw the post, I am looking to sell the STE and buy a 1998 Lumina LTZ. Thursday I am going to look at it and bringing a cash deposit just incase. It has 66k on it and the asking price it pretty reasonable but of course I would like to buy it for a little less if possible.

It has the leather, 3.8l but no moonroof. Pewter color and the 5 spoke older style Monte Carlo/Impala rims. I will let you all know how it goes Thursday when I get back and will most definitely have pix asap if I buy.

notsoslimshady76
05-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Goodluck! Don't offer $100 lol

dcjredline
05-14-2009, 04:38 PM
No but I am going down $800 from the listing first offer. I will meet half way if they push.

86euro
05-15-2009, 03:20 AM
A guy I work with was looking for one of those LTZ's a little while ago. Everybody in this area wanted 4-6K for a clean one:eek3:

He ended up with a REALLY nice low-mile '90 Lumina Euro coupe with the dealer installed "Lumina Thunder" ground effects package.

bubblebob88
05-15-2009, 01:56 PM
I would love a Lumina with Thunder Ground Effects, was trading my Ciera for one but it just wasn't as clean inside and out as mine. I also just found out today the Pontiac G8 is called the Lumina overseas.

dcjredline
05-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Went to look at it. It has had a ROUGH 66k miles in my opinion. I am going to wait it out and call her back in a week or 2 and offer what I think its worth.

notsoslimshady76
05-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Good idea. You're one of the best car buyers I've known. You never let emotion come into the equation

a1veedubber
05-15-2009, 05:31 PM
I would love a Lumina with Thunder Ground Effects, was trading my Ciera for one but it just wasn't as clean inside and out as mine. I also just found out today the Pontiac G8 is called the Lumina overseas.

Actually the Australian Holden Commodore is sold overseas as the Pontiac G8 in the USA, The Chevrolet Lumina in the Middle East & the Chevrolet Omega in South America. I think it was sold as a Caprice in the ME as well at one time.

Duke George V
05-15-2009, 11:08 PM
Holden had a Caprice for a while, don't know if they still do. It was identical to the Statesman, except they had V8s instead of V6s; both were a longer wheelbase version of the Commodore.

dcjredline
05-16-2009, 03:35 AM
Good idea. You're one of the best car buyers I've known. You never let emotion come into the equation

I was doin my best to keep the emotion down on the trip out to Batavia but when I saw the car it all went rushing away!!!! The CL add is gone now but I will still call her next week and see if she still has it. Ya never know. :rock:

cutlassburnin
05-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Yea its definitely a great Idea to step away and sleep on things and never bring cash the first time you see the thing. The fact that the guy was excited when it came to me test driving the car and kept insisting I take it on the highway and stuff made me feel great about the car...( and the fact that its a rust free 92 gp kinda sold me too!).