PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Celebrity Eurosport VR

DRW300
11-14-2013, 06:38 PM
I have a Black Celebrity Eurosport VR and about 8 years ago I had to replace the doors and front fenders because the VR package was riveted to the panels and never sealed creating major rust problems over time. So far everything is still in great shape because when I drilled the holes in the new doors and fenders I sealed them. Then I bolted the supports to the doors and fenders and sealed them with silicone. But I have not been able to find the decals that were on the original doors. Does any place have these decals and the small red trim parts that screw to the fender wells? Or do I need to make them.

86euro
11-15-2013, 01:29 AM
I have a Black Celebrity Eurosport VR and about 8 years ago I had to replace the doors and front fenders because the VR package was riveted to the panels and never sealed creating major rust problems over time. So far everything is still in great shape because when I drilled the holes in the new doors and fenders I sealed them. Then I bolted the supports to the doors and fenders and sealed them with silicone. But I have not been able to find the decals that were on the original doors. Does any place have these decals and the small red trim parts that screw to the fender wells? Or do I need to make them.

Hey, glad to see another VR owner around here! VR's are like hen's teeth anymore. Several years ago I found a decal website that listed a Eurosport VR decal set, it looked correct and included the CHEVROLET for the hood. As for the trim parts, are you asking about the little end caps that finish off the 'J' trim strips? I planned on eventually making a mold of some sort so I can try making my own out of epoxy or something. I need to make several.

And this area of the forum is for build threads. Do you perhaps have pictures of your restoration? That would be cool to see!

DRW300
11-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Yes I need the end piece J trim parts (the slim red trim that holds the fiberglass panels on the doors and fenders) that are just a couples inches long and rap around the fender wells, Four in total. Some of the ones I have are broke. The long trim parts are in good shape yet. I do not have pictures yet. This is a daily driven car. I work on it when I can. It has 352,000 miles on it and is in good structural shape with no rust underneath. We have tried to take care of it. It needs a good paint job though. The original clear coat cracked two or three years after we got it in 1991. The paint was actually under warranty but the Chevrolet Dealer did not honor it so we never had it re-painted. Are the decals still available? I need them all.

Thanks,

Daryl

Tyson
02-04-2014, 03:45 AM
Bringing this thread back, any updates? I too would love to see pictures of the 352k mile VR. Glad to see you're restoring it.