PDA

View Full Version : Painting a....

SilentWing
06-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Well, my brother volunteered his 95 mustang as a guinea pig for my fiance to do his first paint job on (painting my car later this summer). Unfortunately I won't be there to watch because I'm working as I type this, but I'm really excited to see how it turns out. We've been sanding/preping for a week (because we've had to do it after work or on weekends etc etc).

Got the priming done last night, he's wet sanding the primer, base coating, and clear coating it today. I'll post all of the pics tomorrow.... then within the next month we'll be painting my car.

Thanks to everyone who's given us tips and tricks to taking on a paint job.... it's going to be a long day at work with the anticipation of seeing the final result.

dcjredline
06-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Well....

SilentWing
06-08-2009, 06:26 PM
lol.... I'll take pics now, might have to post after I head to wallfart for some polishing compound, I'll try to do it before

SilentWing
06-08-2009, 06:40 PM
I lied, got the pics uploaded. Mind you this is pre-polishing/buffing/wet sanding the clearcoat so it looks a little rough from overspray in some spots, I'll post more after we buff the hell out of it tuesday.

This is his 1995 Ford Mustang... the reason for painting was because the guy before him painted over the origonal color (clearcoat and all, didn't even sand it) with black rustoleum roll on paint.

Paint from Trinity 1945 (?) Paintforcars.com saphire blue metallic urethane kit

Link to my photobucket account because of the amount of pics:

http://s618.photobucket.com/albums/tt270/SilentWing/

dcjredline
06-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Looks decent. I bet I couldnt do any better. I would be happy to work with that as a starting point. Nice work indeed.

turbokinetic
06-09-2009, 02:20 PM
I couldn't complain - it's better than what I would have done! If the paint doesn't come in a rattle-can I can't paint with it! :)

Seriously - I like the blue metallic. Looks good on that bodystyle Mustang.

David

turbokinetic
06-09-2009, 02:22 PM
:rofl::lol:
the reason for painting was because the guy before him painted over the origonal color (clearcoat and all, didn't even sand it) with black rustoleum roll on paint.

:kekeke:
roflmao!!!! What are people thinking when they do that to a car?

SilentWing
06-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Thanks guys! We'll be wet sanding and polishing today.

As for the guy who painted it with the rustoleum, he saw my fiance rattle can his van flat black and I guess he thought it'd be a good idea to paint the mustang (they used to live in the same apartment complex). Made it a total pain to prep the car since it got into every crevace, ugh. It's funny because the guy owned it for a year (bought it from another guy in the same complex) and still couldn't drive stick worth a damn. It's also the same guy who knew my fiance needed antifreeze and offered him the stuff he drained from the mustang into the same bottle he had drained the oil into "just use a filter to seperate it, it's good antifreeze".... >.>

Good deal though, it has 180k miles (we put a new timing chain in it last november, a ball joint and a strut and that's all it needed) for 300 bucks.

LordDurock
06-09-2009, 04:17 PM
:kekeke:
roflmao!!!! What are people thinking when they do that to a car?

i tryed the rustoulm idea on part for my lawn mower.i must say it way flat........