PDA

View Full Version : new project

Prospeeder
06-09-2009, 01:27 AM
Hehe me and my buddy went halves on this car. its an 1987 Cadillac Coupe De Ville, not a dent, shiny champaign colored paint, even the half vynal top is in great shape, 4.1 V8, front seats are pretty trashed as far as the leather goes. Runs and drive fine. Guess how much? 200 bucks!!! lol We couldnt pass it up! Were hopefully gonna fix it up and sell it or hes gonna drive it. Freakin gangster. What body are those? Like H bodies or C bodies?? anyone have any input on the 4.1 V8 in it? any super common issues?

turbokinetic
06-09-2009, 02:36 AM
4.1 is a good engine. Very conventional pushrod flat-tappet iron-head engine. Most have TBI.

They have a wet-sleeve cylinder arrangement with a single o-ring at the bottom of the liner. Keep the recommended cooling system sealer in the system and that will not be a problem.

I've rebuilt one of them for a flattened cam lobe. Other than some flat-tappet cam failures they are a fairly durbale engine.

You didn't go wrong for that price, either!

I think they are a variant of the H body but not sure. Cadillac sometimes has their own designations from what I remember.

David

Electra_T_Type
06-09-2009, 04:07 AM
'87 is the last and most refined year for the 4.1, sad how you can find some 4.1 powered cars converted in to 4.5 in the junkyard lately.
These are C Bodys if you have any junkyards like mine mint front seats won't be a problem.
Pics please :)