PDA

View Full Version : AWFUL news....

turbokinetic
06-19-2009, 09:54 PM
This has me so bummed! One of my favorite things to eat is this very brand of raw cookie dough.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090619/ap_on_bi_ge/us_nestle_recall

Oh wel they will eventually bring it back.

David

white89euro
06-19-2009, 10:13 PM
I thought this was about an accident. Glad to hear it's only a temporary ban on Nestle cookie dough. Remember, the recipe for tollhouse cookies is right on the Nestle chocolate chip package. Now get busy!

George

turbokinetic
06-19-2009, 10:27 PM
I thought this was about an accident. Glad to hear it's only a temporary ban on Nestle cookie dough.

Yeah I tried to sound serious at first but it's just me being silly as usual! :)

Remember, the recipe for tollhouse cookies is right on the Nestle chocolate chip package. Now get busy!

George

But it's so EASY to just open a pack of prefabricated cookie dough squares... I'm a mechanic not a chef and can burn up Ramen noodles. Imagine what would happen were I to attempt home made cookies... :(

And besides they are best eaten raw. Cooking them ruins them IMHO... I love the crunchy cold chocolate pieces, and the grainy crystalized cold sugar texture of the dough!!

Oh!!! I feel so deprived and abused. :pffft: I left the manager of Winn Dixie's my phone # to call the minute he gets a shipment of non-contaminated Nestlé Chocolate Chip Cookie dough!

David

SilentWing
06-19-2009, 11:18 PM
LMAO.... too funny. Raw cookie dough IS awesome, but other companies make it just as good :)

Prospeeder
06-19-2009, 11:30 PM
ahhhhhhh saminela (spelling????)

turbokinetic
06-20-2009, 01:08 AM
I can eat an entire pack of that Nestlé "tollhouse" chocolate chip dough at one sitting. It is simply that good! :)

There was recently a salmonella scare with peanut butter. Turns out the roof was rusted out on the plant, and rain was washing pidgeon poop in through the holes. Will be interesting to see what they find as the cause here!

David

Prospeeder
06-20-2009, 01:11 AM
The raw eggs that you make cookie dough out of.....it can contain food illness like salminela

Fortunatly most instant cookie dough (like papa murphys) use egg substitute instead of real eggs

LordDurock
06-20-2009, 02:25 AM
yep i just eat raw as a happy snack at work :(...to sad

bubblebob88
06-20-2009, 03:33 AM
Don't scare us like that! I thought you wrecked the turbo!

turbokinetic
06-20-2009, 03:34 AM
yep i just eat raw as a happy snack at work :(...to sad

I guess I got lucky again. Had a package of them with 1 or 2 left that I threw out today. Had already ate all the others.

I've been lucky with not getting food poisoning. There've been 2 times where my friends and I went to eat, had the same things, and I was the only one who didn't get wiped out.

Two years ago some co-workers and I went to the Blues and Barbecue festivel in north Alabama. I have a feeling the potato salad was somewhat past its peak....

There were 4 of us in 2 hotel rooms. My roomie was able to simultaneously use the commode and a trash can (while I layed in bed covering my ears with multiple pillows); but the other 2 guys didn't have enough commodes to go around.... Glad I wasn't in that room. :uh:

David

Century7667
06-20-2009, 11:54 AM
I have a feeling the potato salad was somewhat past its peak....

David

Nice quote!:rofl:

white89euro
06-20-2009, 02:50 PM
Hey David, how about investing in some cookie dough ice cream for the time being? Also, not sure if you have an Aldi grocery store in your area, but they make a great frozen cookie dough that is similar to the Nestle brand. Congrats on avoiding food poisoning multiple times. I think I'm lucky in that department too.