PDA

View Full Version : Gauging interest: Selection of rare A-body parts for sale

GeforceXtreme
06-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Well guys I have since stopped driving my 1988 Chevy Celebrity Eurosport because of now owning two other cars. I am going to be listing the car shortly for sale if anyone is interested. However I am trying to sell off the collection of parts I have bought for this car over the years. If someone buys the car I may just throw in some of the parts depending on how I feel lol.

Anyone can send me a private message or email and offer a price and I may just accept it at this point.

These are the parts off the top of my head I bought for my Eurosport that most I never used. Parts I feel are kind of "rare" I guess?

1.) Eibach lowering springs older style 1982-1993 (on car with all new KYB struts/shocks)
2.) Eibach lower springs newer style 1994-1996 (brand new) *can be used on 82-93 car see note below
3.) Addco rear-sway bar (brand new)
4.) Goodridge stainless steel brake hoses (brand new)
5.) Complete JA2/JA4 4 wheel disc brake upgrade (used parts from Pontiac 6000 STE/ and some new parts I bought)
6.) Complete Eurosport trim package from very low mile car. Black parts are still glossy!
9.) Eurosport factory lighted bar tachometers with trim (have a few)
7.) Ciera International series ground effects (black)
8.) Ciera International series center console with DIC (Gray)
9.) Pontiac 6000 S/E side skirts (white)
10.) Buick Century GS Spoiler (Black)
11.) Set of stock Eurosport springs
12.) Stock Heavy Duty Transmission cooler (from a Eurosport Wagon and its like half the size of cars radiator)
13.) LeBra Black Leather front end car bra (Brand New)
14.) Lund Eclipse Smoked head light covers (Brand New)

I know I have more stuff however I will update the list as I go on. I can take pictures of the parts if anyone needs any.

* I want to let people know that #2 the newer style Eibach springs can be installed onto the 82-93 A-bodies. The front springs are the same however the bottom of the rear springs is whats different. In the 1994+ A-bodies they changed the bottom spring mount on the rear axle. I have a rear axle out of a 94+ A-body I can include with the springs if you want to swap onto your car. This would have to be a local pickup.

BignastyGS
06-21-2009, 06:15 PM
#1 and #3 would be a nice thing to have...

GeforceXtreme
06-21-2009, 06:20 PM
#1 would be a nice thing to have...

They are currently on my Eurosport with the pretty new KYB GR2 Struts and KYB Gas-A-Just rear shocks.

If the car doesn't sell to someone interested in the a-bodies I will just take them off and sell them seperately.

The newer style ones I have are brand new and still in the Eibach box. They can be used on the older 82-93 cars also. The front springs go right in however the bottoms of the rear springs are abit different. If a newer style axle is swapped into an older car it will work. I have a complete rear axle from a 94+ A-body which I can include with the newer springs if needed. I have no use for the axle.

86euro
06-21-2009, 07:13 PM
If it comes to it, consider me highly interested in the struts/shocks/springs that are on the car. Where are you located?

GeforceXtreme
06-21-2009, 07:58 PM
If it comes to it, consider me highly interested in the struts/shocks/springs that are on the car. Where are you located?

Ideally because the older style Eibach springs are on the car with the KYB shock/struts I was trying to sell the car with that stuff. However I have a feeling that stuff is going to have to come off the car to sell.

I am Located in Holland, Pa. 18996. However if you search on Google maps use Southampton Pa 18966.

Most likely the stuff have to be shipped out too you if you live in Ohio. I live on the eastern part of pa and I am 6+ hours from the Ohio Border.

Oklahoma
06-21-2009, 08:34 PM
12.) Stock Heavy Duty Transmission cooler (from a Eurosport Wagon and its like half the size of cars radiator)
I would be interested in this one for the right price.

GeforceXtreme
06-21-2009, 11:18 PM
I would be interested in this one for the right price.

Send me a PM with an offer and I may accept it.

86euro
06-21-2009, 11:53 PM
Ideally because the older style Eibach springs are on the car with the KYB shock/struts I was trying to sell the car with that stuff. However I have a feeling that stuff is going to have to come off the car to sell.

I am Located in Holland, Pa. 18996. However if you search on Google maps use Southampton Pa 18966.

Most likely the stuff have to be shipped out too you if you live in Ohio. I live on the eastern part of pa and I am 6+ hours from the Ohio Border.

Lol, about a month ago I drove my gas hog Suburban to eastern PA to get a Blazer interior... in a day. I live for it:)

GeforceXtreme
06-22-2009, 12:04 AM
Lol, about a month ago I drove my gas hog Suburban to eastern PA to get a Blazer interior... in a day. I live for it:)

Oh well if you don't mind driving then that be even better. Do you have a trailer? If so maybe you could just buy the entire car off me with the parts hah.

Its a sin I didn't post the parts up a month ago because you could have picked up my a-body parts at the same time you were in this part of PA.

86euro
06-22-2009, 12:13 AM
Oh well if you don't mind driving then that be even better. Do you have a trailer? If so maybe you could just buy the entire car off me with the parts hah.

Haha, don't tempt me. I ended up with my black '77 Blazer (the one I got the interior for) because I had originally intended to buy the wheels off of it:lol:
I really can't bring any more vehicles home with me though, I'm surprised no neighbors have filed a complaint already.

GeforceXtreme
06-22-2009, 12:24 AM
Haha, don't tempt me. I ended up with my black '77 Blazer (the one I got the interior for) because I had originally intended to buy the wheels off of it:lol:
I really can't bring any more vehicles home with me though, I'm surprised no neighbors have filed a complaint already.

Yeah I have 3 cars and I think that's a lot. Going by your list you have 9 cars I can't believe you can get away with that lol.

86euro
06-22-2009, 12:42 AM
The headlight covers are for a Celeb, right?

GeforceXtreme
06-22-2009, 12:50 AM
The headlight covers are for a Celeb, right?

Yeah I bought the head light covers for my 88 Eurosport.

They are Lund Eclipse smoked head light covers brand new in the original box.

The car bra is made by LeBra

86euro
06-22-2009, 01:20 AM
Yeah I bought the head light covers for my 88 Eurosport.

They are Lund Eclipse smoked head light covers brand new in the original box.

The car bra is made by LeBra

Any chance you have a pic of them installed? I had a pair of the ones from GTS, they fit fairly well. They just didn't stay attached very well and one ended up lost:(

GeforceXtreme
06-22-2009, 01:24 AM
Any chance you have a pic of them installed? I had a pair of the ones from GTS, they fit fairly well. They just didn't stay attached very well and one ended up lost:(

I think they kind of clip in and you also put some small sticky things on the corners of the lens to hold them on also? When I test fit them no my car they didn't seem like they wanted to go anywhere. I wouldn't suggest driving the car with these on because cops I bet would give you a big issue about these. I think they are pretty much for shows and when you park the car lol.

a1veedubber
06-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Confound you 86Euro and your blasted proximity to GeforceXtreme and his Lowering Springs!!! Did I mention that I am also interested in them?? :) Oh wait, I would be interested in the 1994-1996 style ones too, I have no idea of what their value is though!

GeforceXtreme
06-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Confound you 86Euro and your blasted proximity to GeforceXtreme and his Lowering Springs!!! Did I mention that I am also interested in them?? :) Oh wait, I would be interested in the 1994-1996 style ones too, I have no idea of what their value is though!

All I can say is.. it took me 2+ years to track down the two sets of springs I got. I was very hard and costed me a lot of money (I spend way too much money on these springs at the time) to get these. However I was a die-hard A-body fan and having a "real" set of Eibach lowering springs was a must. I know people will never pay what I really paid for the springs and I understand I am taking a lose. However I have limit to what a reasonable offer is especially on the springs. The other parts I will be more willing to let go for less.

The reason I have two sets is I bought the older style set for my 88 Eurosport and the only other set I could find was the newer style for my 88 Ciera XC Special Editon. I even went to a junkyard and pulled a 94+ rear axle just so I could swap it onto my 88 Ciera XC. However that car is long gone and I never even took the new springs out of box.

I don't think there are any Eibach springs left out in the market. My "Brand new" set were dated 1994 on the box and I bought these springs I think sometime in 2005 I think (they were sitting on a shelf for 11 years).

I have to say after Installing the Eibach's onto my Eurosport and wider 225/50/R16 tires what a difference in the handling. No more stock 4x4 ride height. I didn't even get the chance to install the Addco rear-sway bar and I bet that would have made it even better then it already was. The front drops down I think about 2" and the rear slightly (give it a racked look). Also the coil thickness on the Eibach's are much thicker (stiffer) then my stock Eurosport springs.

In the next few days I am going to start pulling everything out of my storage room and take pictures.

GeforceXtreme
06-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Here are some pictures of my Eurosport with the stock springs and Eibach springs. Keep in mind that my Ciera XC sits lower stock and as well the Eurosport was parked in my driveway which is higher then where the Ciera is sitting.

Stock springs front:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee74/Geforcextreme/1988%20Celebrity%20Eurosport%209-5-07/Lowered%20on%20Springs/Eurostock.jpg

Eibach springs front:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee74/Geforcextreme/1988%20Celebrity%20Eurosport%209-5-07/Lowered%20on%20Springs/Eurolowered.jpg

Stock springs side:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee74/Geforcextreme/1988%20Celebrity%20Eurosport%209-5-07/Lowered%20on%20Springs/sidestock.jpg

Eibach springs side:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee74/Geforcextreme/1988%20Celebrity%20Eurosport%209-5-07/Lowered%20on%20Springs/sidelowered.jpg

Prospeeder
06-22-2009, 09:28 PM
gosh i want those white 6000 SE side skirts, but shipping would be killer unless you wanted next to nothing for them it might be worth it. Do they have all the mounts too?

GeforceXtreme
06-22-2009, 10:52 PM
gosh i want those white 6000 SE side skirts, but shipping would be killer unless you wanted next to nothing for them it might be worth it. Do they have all the mounts too?

Shipping may not be too bad. I know they sell boxes that are pretty long.. maybe? They also don't weigh too much if i remember.

Prospeeder
06-23-2009, 12:24 AM
So they have the mounting fixtures too? what about the skirt for the rear bumper also?

86euro
06-23-2009, 02:08 AM

Lol, I think NastyGS might be in line before me. I'm not sure if is post was a "dibs" call or not. I'm surprised people aren't lining up for the other stuff too.

BignastyGS
06-23-2009, 02:13 AM
I would be in for either set of the springs depending on price,but I would pass to see my A body brothers who really want them get them,since my car is a year from being put back on road duty. I would like to lower my one GS as it has the rear discs on it already and tinted windows. I'd like to make it all black and sinister looking. A set of headlight covers would look cool as well on it..

86euro
06-23-2009, 02:24 AM
Sounds like the plans for the overall look of our cars is VERY similar:)

GeforceXtreme
06-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Well it seems a lot are interested however no one has made a price offer yet on anything. Really i have no idea what this stuff would sell for anymore because half the stuff you can't buy anymore. PM me your best reasonable offers and we will go from there.

GeforceXtreme
06-23-2009, 05:13 PM
So they have the mounting fixtures too? what about the skirt for the rear bumper also?

I think i tried to get the front/rear bumper ones off but I think i ran into rusty bolt problems. I was only able to grab the side skirts. If I remember the white 6000 SE skid skirts had no brackets. They were just like "screwed" into the bottle of the car with screws. I will have to check them to see if I kept any brackets with them but I don't remember there being any brackets it was just screwed on.

86euro
06-26-2009, 02:50 AM
Did you get my PM?

Duke George V
06-26-2009, 07:09 AM
How hard are the tachometers to install in a non-tach car? If it's not terribly difficult I'd be interested in one. Obvious question: do they still work?

Tonglebeak
06-26-2009, 01:41 PM
Did you get my PM as well :)

GeforceXtreme
06-26-2009, 01:49 PM
How hard are the tachometers to install in a non-tach car? If it's not terribly difficult I'd be interested in one. Obvious question: do they still work?

My 88 Eurosport did not come with a tach. After removing the dash trim I found the tach plug taped near where the tach goes into the dash itself. I just plugged the tach in and it worked fine. You will have to check if you car has a tach plug if you want to make it an easy install. The only thing you have to do is either get a dash trim that has the cut-out for the tach or cut an opening yourself.

GeforceXtreme
06-26-2009, 01:52 PM
I have a feeling I am going to have to take the shock/struts/springs off the car to sell those. I really didn't want to deal with having the take the stuff off however it looks like I may have too. However if I take that stuff off I am somehow going to have to get my hands on a set of used strut/shock replacements to go onto the car.

If I am to remove the stuff I may just sell the shocks/struts to my friends mother with a Ciera and she would give me her used stuff to put onto the car. So at that point the only thing I would have to sell are the older style Eibach springs. That is my only swap-replacement at this point. Because I don't want to go out to a junkyard and buy a set of used replacements

Duke George V
06-27-2009, 02:27 AM
My car is column shifted, so the place where the tach would mount is taken up by the gear indicator. Is the wire long enough to put it on the dash top?

86euro
06-27-2009, 02:48 PM
My car is column shifted, so the place where the tach would mount is taken up by the gear indicator. Is the wire long enough to put it on the dash top?

Starting in '89, the cars were no longer pre-wired, but that's not a big deal. To put it on top of the dash, you would need to make some sort of housing for it to look nice. IMHO, just ditching the gear indicator would be best. Of course, I'm one of those people that does not even look at the indicator. I just go by feel.

GeforceXtreme
06-27-2009, 05:52 PM

Yeah if your car is colum shifted you would loose your shift indicator lol. The harness for the tach isn't that long. However you could just cut the wires and extend them if you wanted to mount it someplace else.

Before I had the factory tach I used a Sunpro tach mounted on my dash. It worked great and I still have it.

Duke George V
06-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Starting in '89... and my car is an '89. Welp,

GeforceXtreme
11-05-2009, 06:57 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know all the parts are still available/for sale. Any offers at this point just shoot me a PM. I am looking to get rid of everything before hardcore winter sets in.

I plan to keep the Eibach springs/shock/struts that are on the car with the car. That is most likely going to another A-body person.

GeforceXtreme
03-05-2010, 03:53 AM
Well guys a member possibly on the site here came today and bought my car plus all 25+ parts I had stored away A-body related.

Purchased the car sometime in 1996 with 71K and left today in 2010 with 241K and still running great.

Sad to see it go but couldn't just let it sit and sit rotting away.

Have plenty of great memories and maybe one day I will own an A-body again.. who knows.