PDA

View Full Version : Headlight wiring

TheBrownBandit
11-29-2007, 01:44 AM
Just for kicks I installed some neon pedals I once had installed in my 2002 Ford Focus ZX3 which I had wired to the headlight switch so they would light up when I turned on my lights. I had installed an aftermarket alarm system which for the install, the wire that went to the parking/hazard lights to get the flashing lights was spliced. I used this wire as the positive for the pedals and grounded them to a portion of the frame supporting the dash. I even used this same wire to power some neon tubes. Therefore thanks to the alarm install, I didn't have to guess which wire to use. I would like to complete the install by wiring the pedals to the headlight switch. Which wire color can I splice to achieve the same results? Thanks!

dcjredline
11-29-2007, 01:57 AM
Prolly I am the one confused so please correct me if I am wrong.

Are you asking about the wire color for a Focus or what kind of vehicle (Year Make and Model) I can give you the info just need to know what car.

CieraSL92
11-29-2007, 02:10 AM
Pretty sure all a-bodys have ashtray lamps. Dunno the headlight switch wiring, but look up inside the ashtray assembly. Remove the screws holding it, and splice into the orange wire that plugs into the lamp socket. Whenever the park/head lites are on, this ashtray lamp (and whatever else you wire to it) will illuminate. You can be neat about the wires by tucking them in between the spaces for the vent ducts.

TheBrownBandit
11-29-2007, 04:11 AM
Kind of funny... I was just thinking about the ashtray light before signing on. LOL I'm going to do that instead. Less of a hassle being that its more accessable plus the wiring can be tucked away easier and nicer since there's not much routing of the wires. And dcjredline, sorry for the confusion. I was just trying to explain how I had the pedals wired in the Focus and implying that I wanted to use the same method for my Celebrity but of course the ashtray light is easier.