PDA

View Full Version : performance front springs

razoredge
11-12-2009, 12:07 AM
Would anybody have a set of front springs like what would have been on the Ciera GT ? That arent wipped. I forget if that was called FE3 or what ? My wagons front is slop, the old springs were, so way back when I bought it I put the sensi-trac quick struts and was bummed to find that even with new springs it was still slop. Needs higher rate fronts.

On a side note I just put coil overload shocks on the back (Monroe) and they are worth every penny. Not harsh at all but perfectly firm with excellent reaction. Holds the rear up probably better than one inch but thats not bad on a wagon, has that raked look and the rear was total slop before too, big difference in handling right there but I need to get the nose to stop diving side to side.

Prospeeder
11-12-2009, 12:33 AM
FE3 is the good suspension. The main Slop is the wimpy sway bar in the FE1 equipped cars. They say the springs are different for FE1 and FE3 also.

6000 SSEi
11-12-2009, 05:30 AM
Wheres your location?

razoredge
11-13-2009, 05:48 AM
N.Y.

Did anybody find a source for new springs that were FE3 comparable ? I know I tried 4 years ago from GM but the part numbers for the sport cars were NA. Just the limp springs were available and I wouldnt be surprised if they didnt even have now,

I wont argue about the front bar either, but I live around alot of windy hilly country roads and even straight on they compress too much.

I see addco still shows part numbers for front and rear bars but its dropping close to 400 to do both. Would rather do springs first than beat a heavy bar to hell by hooking it up to slop. Springs hold a car up not absorbers or bars. Now both would be accomplishing something.

Prospeeder
11-14-2009, 12:17 AM
Never thought of that, wearin the bar out with sloppy springs. Hmmmm My cars getting terrible, Sloppy as fuck, my windy highway just makes it a chore to keep 65 and take every corner