PDA

View Full Version : Cutlass Ciera 2 door International Series

87Cutlass Ciera
12-10-2007, 01:54 PM
I'm looking at picking up my dream car!
1987 Cutlass Ciera International Series! 2 door, Black, Loaded, Leather, Sunroof. 3800 engine. She'd be a real beaut!!

Does need some body work, a few rough patches on the body, I think mainly surface rust, no biggy. I'm going to offer him 800 for it. He had the motor replaced a while ago, but never finished it and it's been sitting for a long while. 500 for the motor and 200 to have it put in, so I'll offer him an extra 100 on top of it all, if he says yes, I'll have to get my olds running again and see if I can get $1000 out of it. Let me know what the pros and cons are about the 3800 engine, and this car in general. I love my 4 door olds, but she's just a four banger, never really gave me too much trouble (except for needing the frame rebuilt from the springs back, thank god dad could do it!)
I seriously cannot get pictures to work on here, so you'll have to check it out at cardomain. here's the URL
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2350324/4

Thanks
CRC

Pontiac6ksteawd
12-10-2007, 02:32 PM
800 bucks isnt to teribly bad. But if it doesnt run, I would start out lower. Like 500. Its going to take who knows how much money to finish the motor, get it running, and get the bugs worked out, tires, brakes probly, and?? If he put it up on ebay, he MIGHT get 250 bucks for it. Its a blessing if you give him 500 for it.

LordDurock
12-10-2007, 04:43 PM
yea New tire will be needed. breaks are ify it depend on how long its been sitting. but like dj said make sure it runs.

a funny thing about tires is if they still are holding air after you get a car that was sitting they will always go for the rest of the lift itme of the tire.....no matter how bad they look

BBrip84Oatsie95
12-11-2007, 02:49 AM
Freaking awesome! I can see it shine now...

Slacker
12-11-2007, 07:06 AM
Doesn't hurt to offer, try lower first and if they say "No." you can always go higher. (Don't get carried away though, good things come to those who wait. :))

Speaking of, how is your car doing? I read that it basically "kicked the bucket" on a ride home. Are you planning to fix it? If so, you could save some cash and just pick up a new motor. I believe LordDurock has a 2.5L motor for sale... It'd probably be cheeper than picking up a whole new car.

87Cutlass Ciera
12-12-2007, 03:14 AM
Speaking of, how is your car doing? I read that it basically "kicked the bucket" on a ride home. Are you planning to fix it? If so, you could save some cash and just pick up a new motor. I believe LordDurock has a 2.5L motor for sale... It'd probably be cheeper than picking up a whole new car.

Well as of now she's sitting waiting for me to finish exams so I can start tearing it apart. I plan on finding out exactly what went down. I have a link on a motor, but the guy's price is a bit steep. $400 I'm going to try and get him to come down. By the sounds of it, he had the timing gears replaced on the motor becuase it's quiet. 2.5's aren't quiet:D Unless you replace the gears. I'm hoping that I can take parts off my grandmothers 2.5 and get her back to a running state. Also I live in Nova Scotia, LordDurock lives in the states, Colorado I believe. The cost to get the motor here would probably be more than the car is worth! I checked the stealership and it'd cost 2700 for a new motor :eek: Total rebuild isn't even half that!! I had an old GM mechanic tell me to drop a V6 in her. I can get an 86 Ciera with a 2.8 and an OD trans for about $200 but then dad and I have to drop both engine and tranny out of both cars and blah blah blah, time and money :o I need to find out what happened first, so I'll post when I know!

LordDurock
12-12-2007, 04:34 AM
Well as of now she's sitting waiting for me to finish exams so I can start tearing it apart. I plan on finding out exactly what went down. I have a link on a motor, but the guy's price is a bit steep. $400 I'm going to try and get him to come down. By the sounds of it, he had the timing gears replaced on the motor becuase it's quiet. 2.5's aren't quiet:D Unless you replace the gears. I'm hoping that I can take parts off my grandmothers 2.5 and get her back to a running state. Also I live in Nova Scotia, LordDurock lives in the states, Colorado I believe. The cost to get the motor here would probably be more than the car is worth! I checked the stealership and it'd cost 2700 for a new motor :eek: Total rebuild isn't even half that!! I had an old GM mechanic tell me to drop a V6 in her. I can get an 86 Ciera with a 2.8 and an OD trans for about $200 but then dad and I have to drop both engine and tranny out of both cars and blah blah blah, time and money :o I need to find out what happened first, so I'll post when I know!

yea depends...........it up for sale still im asking 350 for it. great deal for a Brand new motor never been rebuild. pulled form a wrecked (read ended) 91 skylark at 40k. comes complet pan to thoral body.

with shiping think you looking about 500 my geuss which is about what your cars worth (ebay wise)

but keep in mind if its the avagre pulled motor they selling you 400 is about right. for a never rebuild motor with 130k+. i just want mine gone.......

Pontiac6ksteawd
12-12-2007, 05:48 AM
Dont know, it would probly cost well more than 150 to ship it to Nova Scotia, Canada...

dcjredline
12-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Yeah it would cost more than $150 to ship it to NY.