PDA

View Full Version : Back again with a Phoenix

95CutlassCiera
02-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Woah woah woah, just when i thought this forum became irrelavent to me theres an x-body section? My last a-body was an 88 century that was donated due to a snapped axle (tooo many burnouts, but at least someone else will enjoy it)

Now i have a 78 Phoenix (after i decided to post a thread i realized this section is aimed at the later x-body cars)
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa213/foxstang89/1978%20Pontiac%20Phoenix/0905091625b.jpg
http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa213/foxstang89/1978%20Pontiac%20Phoenix/?start=20

To get on topic a little, lets see someone put an l67 in one of these mini cars (the 80-85s) i just went over kill on steves nova site with enthusiasm to see someone do it. These cars are light and handle great i would love to see an all out build.

razoredge
02-24-2010, 12:16 AM
cool, but I could never say I was fond of that body design. The work on the hood is very nice though. A friend had some version of that car forget which division it was from. Maybe Olds Omega ? He used to have the trunk filled with tools and blocks and wood and we still had to put chains on to make it up the hill home on snowy nights. I believe he got his moneys worth out of the car though, it was a beater.

Love the color BTW, very close to the color I painted my Sunbeam, my shade was a bit more firery for lack of better term, I think more redish. All I remember is it was a early 70's GM paint code.

95CutlassCiera
02-24-2010, 01:42 AM
i like the 2 door landau top models the best, that will be my next car heh. as for the color i like it too, its camel tan metallic. These cars are almost mustang light its so hard to believe, they start around 3200lbs i removed alot of that though (due to damage and such) im hoping to weigh in around 3000. ive already made money from this car selling parts, i only payed 300 for it, now its just a matter of getting this buick 350 in

razoredge
02-24-2010, 11:51 AM
yeah they just dont have good color options for cars anymore, interiors are even worse. I believe the color I used on my Alpine was more of a "autumn bronze".

Cars are way to heavy today for the size of them, somethings wrong, Im not sure if its all the electrical garb or the increased structural reinforcement due to the intrusion of the insurance companies into every aspect of the world.

dcjredline
02-24-2010, 11:51 AM
That is the one body style that I like the CHEVROLET better in. I love Pontiac but those and the Olds are just too much for me. NICE FREAKIN CAR THOUGH and if you paid that price or less you got a great deal!!!!

95CutlassCiera
02-24-2010, 02:53 PM
Those are the good side photos hehe, check my photobucket for what it looks like now. i have it all apart, motor was pulled because of poor compression on number 2 (you would never guess, this car ran so smooth). the fenders are off to make engine replacement easier and i had to do the heater core (the dumb guy left it so long the passenger side floor, fender and part of the cowl on the firewall is rusted through, plus the carpet was trashed) and replace all body mounts. The worst parts of the car is the wiring, the fact that there is no interior anymore (i got rid of it, its way too far gone) and rust, i hatee rust. But hopefully today i am picking up the buick 350 to put in, i bought it and the th350 trans for a hudred bucks out of a 72 skylark. Comes with full length headers, flowmasters, a 4bbl intake to replace the 2bbl and the frame pads if i can use them (i also got 3 ws6 trans am directional rims, and 4 chrome 5 spoke camaro rims) i am excited to fire this beast up if the motor mounts work.

As for the weight of new cars it must be all the safety and electrical crap, cant be the body panels though, my car is solid steel hehe

dcjredline
02-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Where is your photobucket page?

LordDurock
02-24-2010, 03:49 PM
i like the 2 door landau top models the best, that will be my next car heh. as for the color i like it too, its camel tan metallic. These cars are almost mustang light its so hard to believe, they start around 3200lbs i removed alot of that though (due to damage and such) im hoping to weigh in around 3000. ive already made money from this car selling parts, i only payed 300 for it, now its just a matter of getting this buick 350 in

that shuld be easy there still kinda pentfull. at lest in my area

LordDurock
02-24-2010, 03:50 PM
That is the one body style that I like the CHEVROLET better in. I love Pontiac but those and the Olds are just too much for me. NICE FREAKIN CAR THOUGH and if you paid that price or less you got a great deal!!!!

at lest the pontiac one looks better then the buick one lol

95CutlassCiera
02-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Link is right under the picture,:) What i really want to do is find a ventura front end and do this

http://www.pontiacventura.com/ventura_images/1976ventura_pics/76vmblackPRETTYPIC-df.jpg

CamoDeafie
02-26-2010, 11:44 AM
thats awesome! out here people think their RWD Xbodies are worth as much as the 90s cadillacs >.<

95CutlassCiera
04-18-2010, 09:15 PM
unfortunately i am parting the car out, the buick motor i was supposed to get is out of a 72 skylark and the guy gave me the car =] it needs some work and a front end but its a heck of a lot cooler, more valuable and nicer looking then the phoenix. i do still want an 80-84 phoenix though to do a 3800 swap with as a commuter car, anyone selling one?

LordDurock
04-19-2010, 03:54 AM
damn lucky :)

95CutlassCiera
04-19-2010, 11:29 AM
hehe in a way, but this car needs alot of work and it will be my daily driver for college. i should have just stuck with an a-body =P

Century7667
04-20-2010, 04:17 PM
I had the '77 Pointiac, the same car, just they called it a Ventura. One of the best I had! Solid car! Actually I had two of them, one with the 231 odd fire/ TH200 and the other I put in a Chevy 250 inline backed with a Saginaw 4 spd. Hayes Clutch, Comp. Cams 252H, Forged Pistons, balanced, 9:1 compression, and in that light car it moved!!!

Ken T.

Midnight Drifter
05-01-2010, 11:20 AM
thats awesome! out here people think their RWD Xbodies are worth as much as the 90s cadillacs >.<
I wonder what you mean by that?

Around here, '90's Cadillacs (meaning BEFORE 1995) are usually in running condition for $750-2,000...