PDA

View Full Version : Weird!!!

TheBrownBandit
12-25-2007, 06:00 AM
So tonight after doing a little bit of last minute christmas shopping for my boys, I started my Celebrity and saw something that puzzled me. My temp light was on but then when I released the parking brake, it went off. The car has no sign of overheating and the previous owner installed a new radiator. Is this just a hiccup in the dash? Or should I keep a close eye on it in case it does have an overheating problem? Any input would be appreciated!

86euro
12-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Sounds like the "temp" light illuminates when the "brake" light is supposed to:confused:

TheBrownBandit
12-26-2007, 03:03 AM
Actually both lights were on, the temp light and the brake light, but once releasing the brake it turned off. Any idea?

SexySilhouette
12-26-2007, 03:29 AM
Sometimes, what happens is that the circuit board behind the cluster has come apart and might be touching other contacts...

85_Ciera_Rebuild
12-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Actually both lights were on, the temp light and the brake light, but once releasing the brake it turned off.

A person could always look at electrical schematic and see if a common path exists...but most likely, as SexySilhouette noted, there are two pathways in a circuit board that are "bleeding over" to each other.

Parking brake signal would be on/off type of switch, just like an idiot coolant sensor...so if you knew how these worked....you might deduct why it is happening...if both work on same electrical principle, then wires somewhere are touching each other.