PDA

View Full Version : 88 6000 STE 5-speed...

T5258
07-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Due to issues beyond my control, the time has come for me to sell my 6000....as it says in the title, it is a 5-speed, 160k on it...
THE GOOD:
3 new calipers (only the rt front is old(er), new L/F flex hose, new fuel tank, new I-pipe & muffler, interior is in very good shape, body is ok overall....still has the factory cassette player with functional wheel controls, much more I can't recall right now.

The Bad:
The body does have some rust issues starting, mainly on the front fenders, but from 20-25 ft away, it looks good.
The transmission was rebuilt 4-5 years ago, however, it has developed a minor leak from the input shaft area (i believe). Where the 282 has a dipstick, i check it every 4-5 days, and have to add a pint every 2-3 weeks. Like I said, minor, but has to be monitored...
The ABS is inop, due to both front axles missing a couple of teeth on the abs rotor. The light goes on at about 25-30 mph, but the braks function fine, just no ABS. I've not been able to find axles for a manual trans w/ABS, so I just live with it...
The moonroof was sealed shut by the original owner, not a big issue, but I wanted to put that out there...

I'm asking 975.00 or best offer....It's been my daily driver for a year and a half now, love the car but as I said, s#$t happens...
I'll try to get pics posted in the next day or two.....

Prospeeder
07-06-2010, 03:54 PM
you know whats funny about the sealed sunroof is, the seal around it isnt actually ment to seal completly, the excess water is suppose to drain through tubes in the A pillars. My red cars leaked, i blew some compressed air in em, never leaked again.... Just sayin, but damn i want ur car...Somebody here needs to really buy it so it stays with a fan

T5258
07-06-2010, 04:01 PM
My thoughts EXACTLY....I've got a buddy who may want it, but I know it'll just get run into the ground.....

86euro
07-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Wow, that's a deal! Too bad you aren't a little closer, could probably work something out if you were.

T5258
07-08-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm open to suggestions.....Ohio isn't THAT far......Thought this vehicle would generate a little more interest....nobody wants a stick???

86euro
07-08-2010, 05:48 PM
I've went farther to get a vehicle before, but at the moment I really don't have the time or the money to go that far. I've got a project Camaro I should sell that would free up a parking spot, but I doubt that will happen very fast.

I thought people would be fighting over your car and I wouldn't have to worry about it.

86euro
07-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Hmm, less than 800 miles. That should only take a weekend if all goes well. Do you think the car would have a good chance of making it that far, or would it be best to trailer it just to be safe?

T5258
07-08-2010, 07:12 PM
I think it'd be fine...I went up to Vermont w/it back in April...put almost 1000 miles on it in 3 days...being my daily driver, it's gotta be reliable....I do close to 300 miles/wk for work alone, let alone all the other running around...@ highway speeds (65-70) It'll get close to 30 mpg, which is nice....

buickman455
07-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Hello, I am very interested in this car. I live near Hartford, CT and can bring a trailer to pick up the car. Please email me at PBuick455@comcast.net to set up a time I can come up if your interested. Thank you.

86euro
07-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Man, I though I would be happy to see someone other than me interested...I was wrong, lol.

T5258
07-08-2010, 11:37 PM
pm sent....

buickman455
07-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Man, I though I would be happy to see someone other than me interested...I was wrong, lol.

Sorry, I've been looking for one of these for a while. As soon as I saw the listing I had to jump on it.

86euro
07-09-2010, 03:53 AM
Sorry, I've been looking for one of these for a while. As soon as I saw the listing I had to jump on it.

The most important thing is a good home for a good car:)

SCREECH
07-09-2010, 04:42 AM
Funny...I was going to PM you a few days ago and tell you that if you were ever to think about selling the car to let me know, and then I've been swamped with split and mixed shifts over the last several days and didn't see this thread until just now. :( It will make an awesome daily driver at the very least if looked after. We all know how few '87/'88 A-bodies were ordered with the Getrag, and most of those it seems were Eurosports. Of the few 6000s that would have been ordered thusly, how many were STEs? Probably a handful?

buickman455, what are your plans for the car? I remember you posting back in February that you were looking for A-body 5 speed parts to convert your '86 Century GS to a 5 speed. Please tell me you're not buying this car to part, are you?

Nighteyez
07-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Don't know about 87/88 STE's but in '89, only 2% of 6000's sold were STE's

86euro
07-10-2010, 01:49 AM
buickman455, what are your plans for the car? I remember you posting back in February that you were looking for A-body 5 speed parts to convert your '86 Century GS to a 5 speed. Please tell me you're not buying this car to part, are you?

I hope not...

buickman455
07-11-2010, 11:43 PM
buickman455, what are your plans for the car? I remember you posting back in February that you were looking for A-body 5 speed parts to convert your '86 Century GS to a 5 speed. Please tell me you're not buying this car to part, are you?[/QUOTE]

Just got home about an hour ago with the car. This car is too nice to part. It has the typical rust found on cars from the eighties here in New England, but thats easily fixed. The car has every option imaginable. Air ride, 4 wheel disc brakes, comfy power lumbar seats, and the transmission shifts so smoothly. I'm gonna fix her up and drive her along with my other to daily drivers. I want to thank T5258 again it really is a great car.

SilentWing
07-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Congradulations :) I'm really really glad to hear you're going to fix it up and keep it going!

T5258
07-12-2010, 02:05 PM

Just got home about an hour ago with the car. This car is too nice to part. It has the typical rust found on cars from the eighties here in New England, but thats easily fixed. The car has every option imaginable. Air ride, 4 wheel disc brakes, comfy power lumbar seats, and the transmission shifts so smoothly. I'm gonna fix her up and drive her along with my other to daily drivers. I want to thank T5258 again it really is a great car.[/QUOTE]

Glad to oblige....makes me feel good that someone who understands the significance of this car is its new steward...