PDA

View Full Version : proportioning valves

LordDurock
07-16-2010, 06:14 PM
hey guys as i getting close to getting the motor done for my Buick i need a set of proportioning valves from any 86 or lower car. there the brass things on the lower two holes of the master cylinder. on if mine inst working right and is causing drum lock up on the left rear wheel when brakes are applied if some one could get a set from a yard next time they stop by........just don't take them apart

86euro
07-17-2010, 02:12 AM
What do you mean, don't take them apart? Do you mean leave them on the master?

Prospeeder
07-17-2010, 02:59 AM
Hmm odd, your sure it isnt slight contamination of the drum or leaky wheel cylinder causing the lockup? I thought it was part of the master but older cars might be different

86euro
07-17-2010, 03:02 AM
yep, '86 and older have two separate prop valves that screw right into the master.

LordDurock
07-17-2010, 04:11 AM
what i mean by don't take them part was i was having some greift with the rear drum lock up ( due to leaking wheel cylinders) and went on a brake part cleaning raid
(cleaned master, i opened on prop valve and it hasn't worked right scene on that side, cleaner calipers. the the parts were gross and full of cruddy old semi gummy in places fluid form sisting for 15 years) it the last thing in the system thats not been replaced

missed what you asked 86. no i just need the two valves i have a new master the valve them self's are two half screwed together