PDA

View Full Version : WELCOME! chevycitationsforever Citation X-11 yahoo.com group members

white89euro
08-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Just wanted to extend a welcome to everyone and all from the yahoo group. Here's one more place to discuss the fabulous GM x-body cars we know and love.

Many of the enthusiasts here at a-body.net own or have owned an x-body car as well. I previously owned and drove a really luxurious 1984 Buick Skylark Limited. What a great car!

Anyway, feel free to post here (or in the FOR SALE forum if you are selling or need parts).

Welcome aboard!
George

mechanizeddeath
08-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Never an owner, but I always liked the styling of the X-body, especially in hatchback form.

There's a complete Skylark at one of the nearby yards. Nothing stacked on or under it, and windows rolled up tight. Some of the cars there were in running order when parked, and many have titles. I'm going to ask about it on my next trip out there.

Sport Omega
12-30-2010, 11:23 PM
Hi there. I've got the Sport Omega. Hope to have it running by spring.

white89euro
01-04-2011, 01:59 AM
Hello! Does your Omega happen to be the one with pictures posted on it - pictures of the special fron wheel well flares, for example? I thought perhaps I saw such a thread last year. Either way that's a GREAT project car. I really like all the X-body cars, but the sport variants such as the T-Type, X-11 etc... are seldom seen. Great to hear you're restoring one.

George

Sport Omega
01-04-2011, 02:45 AM
Yeah, that's mine. Actually the front fenders/flare are 1 piece. Only on the Sport Omega, they're plastic fenders. And it has matching rear flares which the drivers side rear flare is in need of some reconstruction because it's broken and missing a piece. The Sport Omega is actually the first GM vehicle to use the RIM(reaction injection molded) body panels commonly used on many of their cars today.

white89euro
01-18-2011, 12:38 AM
Yeah, that's mine. Actually the front fenders/flare are 1 piece. Only on the Sport Omega, they're plastic fenders. And it has matching rear flares which the drivers side rear flare is in need of some reconstruction because it's broken and missing a piece. The Sport Omega is actually the first GM vehicle to use the RIM(reaction injection molded) body panels commonly used on many of their cars today.

That's another GM first I hadn't yet heard of. I'm glad you're restoring the car. I'm sure you'll have one of just a handful of survivors.

George

sky81
02-13-2011, 01:57 AM
Wasn't the SportOmega only offered in 1980?
I think the SportOmega was offered that year, as well as another sporty Omega- the name of which escapes me right now.
Later on, they had the Omega ES 2500 and Omega ES 2800- but I think that was in 82 or in 83.

Anyway, I've had two X body cars, both were Skylark Limiteds. I still have one of them.

Sport Omega
02-13-2011, 03:53 PM
It was only in 81. The other model you're thinking of is the SX which was black on the lower part of the body and had a rear spoiler. in 1980 when they came out they even had go karts of the SX available. I found one on craigslist just yesterday. http://dayton.craigslist.org/rvs/2200129216.html