PDA

View Full Version : got a ?

Jairek
09-06-2010, 07:43 AM
do you think its possible to put a 00' 5.3 chevy engine from a surburban in a olds lol and convert it to rwd

SilentWing
09-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Anything is possible depending on how much money and time you have. As far as getting other responces just so you know you're posting in the X-body (chevy citation, pontiac pheonix, olds omega) section of the forum. Not trying to be rude just letting you know :)

Sport Omega
09-07-2010, 02:30 AM
Exactly what kind of car is this for? It took me about 5 years of working on my Charger to convert it to rear wheel drive. I used an L67 with a 5 speed from a 3800 powered Camaro and I used the rear suspension from an AWD 6000 STE. The V6 will fit much easier in the front of the car than a V8. Click here for some pics of the Charger. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3330131

Prospeeder
09-07-2010, 04:07 AM
Dont bother with rear wheel drive. it IS possible with modifications obviously to put a FWD 5.3 from a Impala SS, Grand Prix GXP, ect... but for easier power and less modufications 3800 supercharged

Sport Omega
09-07-2010, 04:43 AM
Yes, it was a lot of work I won't lie. But finally getting it driving this summer has been a total blast, especially at the couple of car shows I took it to. I had more people looking at it than some of the really super nice roadrunners/Darts and other older Mopars even though I haven't gotten to the paint and body yet. It is a sleeper and just the fact I did something completely crazy without having some custom shop doing all the work. Putting the rear suspension into a ciera isn't going to be quite as difficult as it was for me, but I know the floor structure is not exactly the same as the AWD 6000 so you will be doing a lot of fabrication.

lemons bob
09-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Off the top of my head you will probably need to move the gas tank since it will be in the way and reroute the exhaust since the current tunnel for the exhaust is where the driveshaft would go, but you would probably have to do that with the new engine.

Sport Omega
09-10-2010, 01:20 AM
Well, if he's doing it to a Ciera he can use the tank from the AWD 6000STE. Basically just transfer the underpinnings from one car to the other after he replaces the flooring. Or to make it simpler, yes put a fuel cell in the back.

lemons bob
09-10-2010, 03:56 PM
WIth all the extra power I'm guessing he isn't going to be using it only to drive around town, so the fuel cell might be prudent, along with brake upgrades and probably some wider tires than stock.

Jairek
09-25-2010, 12:43 AM
yea thats cool im good on the 3.1 for now till it goes i changed the fuel filter twice still clogging then i found a like vent line from the tank was broke so i reconnected it and drive way smoother home couldnt even feel car at 65 so i wonder if i solved the mystery. The pump whinin away thoe damn maybe its going out again and from my angle the tank dont look hard to get off so if my pump is shot one day guess i need replace then ima drain guess all the way to empty or try and clean the tank out as best as possible