PDA

View Full Version : Still hydro locking

Jairek
10-11-2010, 11:31 PM
my fuel pump is still hydro locking. i remeber i used so like cleaner. and its messin up i wonder what if i put alot of cleaner in the tank take line off to fuel filter and crank the key like have it spray in a gas can. Would i die lol if i did that cuase something is clogging my pump bad and im thinking you know put cleaner in then just flush it out the tank straight in to a can i mean any residue will proably come out then change the firlter a 4th time

Jr's3800
10-21-2010, 01:29 PM
Fuel pumps don't hydrolock... They fail... And if the sock is plugged up there is only one fix....

Jairek
10-21-2010, 07:26 PM
i figure they don't. well it started happening when i put some cleaner in the gas. Then you know something messed up so now i always get the clogging maybe just take pump out since i have so much free time looking for a job and just clean the tank and the sock to i guess i got a garage i car rip the tank off some dude was saying it be hard getting to the pump but on my old 90 audi v8 now that was a pain with the awd in the way to get access but threw a lil hole. but i was like how get a jack which i have put it under tank unbolt tank drop it unhook all lines harness should i change the sock because i believe mechanic who fix car before i bought it like didn't change the sock