PDA

View Full Version : Will these work on my 86 GS??

BignastyGS
01-18-2008, 10:51 PM
Yes or No?? Just need a definitive answer...

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQOldsmobileQQCutlass_CieraQQIntraxQQCoil_SpringsQ Q19821988QQI20251075.html

SexySilhouette
01-18-2008, 11:28 PM
I don't see any reason why they wouldn't.

BignastyGS
01-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Me either... A set is going to be ordered on today and hopefully here before the holiday...That should add to the sinister look of the one black car. I also have the intermediate pipe at the pipe benders(to get a 3 inch setup) and am pricing a dynomax muffler and race bullet muffler to give it the aggressive "growl" it came with when new.

RIVI72
01-19-2008, 02:14 PM
Damn it sucks that they don't ship to canada i would really like a set do you know any other places that sell these. :dunno:

SCREECH
01-19-2008, 05:39 PM
I would like to know if they are still available - a LOT of places still listed the Eibach springs for the later model Cieras AND earlier A-bodies, but they were "out of stock" and the springs had been disco'd for YEARS from Eibach. Basically, you couldn't actually get them - it was just an old catalog listing.

BignastyGS - let us know if you CAN actually get these springs. I've got a set of the Eibachs, but it'd be nice to know I can get a new set of springs still.

Damn it sucks that they don't ship to canada i would really like a set do you know any other places that sell these. :dunno:

RIVI72, I am just outside of Niagara Falls, Ontario, and I have a shipping address in the US. If you are really wanting to get a set, I would be willing to help you out with this. Then you could just come down into Niagara to pick 'em up. E-mail me (mailto: screech@screech.ws?subject=A-Body Springs) if you would like some help in this regard.

BignastyGS
01-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Screech,
I received an email as well as I was assured they were indeed in stock. Upon looking in the Intrax catalog, it states these are G body springs. I asked 3 times and was assured they were for the ones listed for 82-89 Ciera's. I promptly told them 2 things.
1 if wrong I'll immediately return them.
2 If they are right,there will be a few more people looking into buying them.

They sent me an email stating they were processing them and in stock.. We'll see what happens next week. I was wondering if the KYB struts and shocks would work well with these if they pan out?

LordDurock
01-19-2008, 11:03 PM
i was chating with there part reps and tehy say it wont fit my 82 century..........................can it be.........i dont think so but who knows

86euro
01-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Screech,
I received an email as well as I was assured they were indeed in stock. Upon looking in the Intrax catalog, it states these are G body springs. I asked 3 times and was assured they were for the ones listed for 82-89 Ciera's. I promptly told them 2 things.
1 if wrong I'll immediately return them.
2 If they are right,there will be a few more people looking into buying them.

They sent me an email stating they were processing them and in stock.. We'll see what happens next week. I was wondering if the KYB struts and shocks would work well with these if they pan out?

That's what I was talking about in the other thread you posted links to. Those same springs were the first listing and the second listing (with the same application title) had a note that stated "RWD cars only".
The '82-'88 listing is another clue to the springs being for a G-body Cutlass Supreme, because production ended that year, unlike the FWD Cutlass Ciera. I believe they also fit the '78-'81 cars, but that's not listed because those RWD cars were still labeled "A-Bodies" at that point.

BignastyGS
01-20-2008, 04:53 PM
Yeah I agree, but I insisted to them this was a fwd car. I told them they would be eating the shipping costs if incorrect. The salesman put me on hold about 35 secs and came back saying these are indeed correct. He also said they would fit the Celebrity cars and Buicks of the same year. I told him I own a 73 GS and the G body springs look similar to mine and I'd know immediately if they were wrong.I mentioned that the ads had some listed as A body ones and the next set had the G body listed in the description. Lets cross our fingers and see.I need to get this figured out for the rest of us A body guys...

86euro
01-20-2008, 10:23 PM
All we can do is hope at this point, I guess.

***crosses fingers***

BignastyGS
01-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Well, that ended pretty sadly,but I tried Auto Parts Warehouse and was confirmed that they are in stock.The guy took my number and had the warehouse look to see if they stock them as of yet. He called back a little bit ago and said they had the part in stock. Supposed to be 4 days shipped UPS or Fed Ex,,Guess it will be a little waiting game now. Its too cold to work outside or in an unheated garage,so I will show patience.. Keep those fingers crossed..

ochy38
02-06-2008, 04:09 AM
any updates?

BignastyGS
02-06-2008, 07:34 AM
I forgot to add to this.. You guys are right,they don't exist.. I was so bummed. I even went to the route of calling Intrax as well as Eibach and the weren't too helpful either. I am thinking of getting a set of used springs and cutting 1 coil off each and trying that. I can't believe I can't locate a set. I would even try a set for the newer cars and replace the rear axle if I need to. This sucks.....