PDA

View Full Version : friends fuel line question

ochy38
02-08-2008, 06:40 PM
my buddy has a 92 mazda 323. its fine, cept the fuel line is leaking a bit. i have inspected it and it has some thin cracks in it. is there anything that one could use to temporarily stop the leaking so he can still drive it? such as a spray sealant? tried using rubber undercoating but it eitehr didnt set right or the gas ate right through it after a few days. he cant afford to get the line repaired right now. thanks

dcjredline
02-08-2008, 06:43 PM
TEMPORARY USE ONLY!

You can go to AutoZone and buy a foot of the HIGH PRESSURE fule line from goodyear ($5 a foot) and 4 clamps. cut the line at a point where the line is solid and put 2 clamps on each side of the hose. Then when he has enough go get the whole line replaced.

a1veedubber
02-08-2008, 07:13 PM
TEMPORARY USE ONLY!

You can go to AutoZone and buy a foot of the HIGH PRESSURE fule line from goodyear ($5 a foot) and 4 clamps. cut the line at a point where the line is solid and put 2 clamps on each side of the hose. Then when he has enough go get the whole line replaced.

This is the first thing I though of. I cant stress enough to make sure you use high pressure line though, I saw someone try this with vacuum line once! :rofl:

85_Ciera_Rebuild
02-09-2008, 06:19 PM
...is there anything that one could use to temporarily stop the leaking

Fix it....no excuse...if it comes undone, one might go up in an inferno...Fix IT, or don't drive it.

LordDurock
02-09-2008, 09:11 PM
DONT USE DUCT TAPE......................LOL long story i hear once ;)

jusr fix it or if the if it leaking at a fitting just cut the end off bit and put it back on

LordDurock
02-09-2008, 09:11 PM
This is the first thing I though of. I cant stress enough to make sure you use high pressure line though, I saw someone try this with vacuum line once! :rofl:

vac line works if you dont have morehte 3-5psi ;)

mickstan_VR
02-09-2008, 10:07 PM
Fuel will eat that vacuum line and turn it to mush pretty fast. You don't want to screw around with a fuel line. Fix it right. Don't try to "band-aid" it. You're just asking for a disaster.

ochy38
02-14-2008, 05:25 AM
k thanks guys