PDA

View Full Version : Parts Wanted For 1988 Pontiac 6000

steve_smith54
10-30-2011, 05:11 PM
First of all, I am new to this forum. We have a 1988 Pontiac base 6000 sedan which has been in my family for years. The car has sentimental value because it was a gift from the estate of a dear friend who passed away. We recently had body work and paint done to the car and the nitwits at the body shop lost some parts. Specifically what I need are the rear interior trim pieces that go around the door handle and the lock buttons. The interior is tan and the trim piece is light brown for lack of a better description of the color. If I can locate the part, the body shop can paint it the right color and will do so if I insist enough, however already being the right color would be better as I do not trust the body shop after my experience with them. Any help or leads will be greatly appreciated. I will probably need some other miscellaneous parts as I discover other things that are missing.

lemons bob
10-30-2011, 09:54 PM
my car is an 89 and i want to say was chromed, although might have been grey, and I think I broke the lock part. those pieces I don't believe are car specfic so you should be able to use ones off a celebrity, ciera, or century, if its easier to find.

steve_smith54
10-31-2011, 10:14 PM
my car is an 89 and i want to say was chromed, although might have been grey, and I think I broke the lock part. those pieces I don't believe are car specfic so you should be able to use ones off a celebrity, ciera, or century, if its easier to find.
I wish that were the case. I went to a local Pick-n-Pull Sunday. They had a 1988 Celebrity but the trim piece was smaller than the one on my car. I thought just as you did that the part should be interchangeable with other GM cars, however I have not found any that are interchangeable. The irony is that the complete door is interchangeable between the Celebrity and the 6000 but not the trim piece.

SCREECH
11-01-2011, 04:48 PM
...what I need are the rear interior trim pieces that go around the door handle and the lock buttons. The interior is tan and the trim piece is light brown for lack of a better description of the color.
There was an '88 STE in a wrecking yard near me, and this yard seems to NEVER get rid of less-common cars until they are STRIPPED, so it's likely still there. It definitely had tan interior, but I don't recall the trim color. I will look and see if I took any pictures of the car when I was last there. Well, I know I did, but I will look to see if they show the rear door interior panels. I'll post something by tomorrow about it.