PDA

View Full Version : Lumina cargo questions

Duke George V
11-06-2011, 11:09 PM
I think I recall someone on here swapping cargo van springs into their van. What year range was the Lumina cargo available? Is it difficult to swap the springs? Is ride quality affected? Did it use different shocks?

86euro
11-07-2011, 01:11 AM
Same shocks, good ride, easy to change. I've seen the cargo vans with the old nose as well as the later nose. I have driven two one them, I believe one was a '92 and the other was a '95.

SexySilhouette
11-07-2011, 01:33 AM
I haven't seen a windowless cargo van after 1992...I want the panels from one.

Duke George V
11-07-2011, 02:51 AM
You could probably just paint your windows and have the same effect.

86euro
11-07-2011, 03:51 AM
I haven't seen a windowless cargo van after 1992...I want the panels from one.

That surprises me... you've see just about everything:) They look a little odd with the early front end, but for some reason I think the newer panels look really cool.

SexySilhouette
11-07-2011, 06:26 PM
You could probably just paint your windows and have the same effect.

I could, but I don't want to.

That surprises me... you've see just about everything:) They look a little odd with the early front end, but for some reason I think the newer panels look really cool.

:) I'd like to see one. You don't see them much at all anymore. I don't think you could ever get a 3.8 in one.

86euro
11-08-2011, 12:55 AM
I could, but I don't want to.

:) I'd like to see one. You don't see them much at all anymore. I don't think you could ever get a 3.8 in one.

A little off topic, but something else came in the shop today. A '98 9C1 Lumina, it was from Canada originally. It had a blue vinyl interior with Recaro front buckets, they even had the stitching up near the top. It was basic white exterior.

Duke George V
11-08-2011, 03:15 AM
Those police Luminas are pretty cool. 3800 Series II, certified digital speedometer, the aforementioned Recaros, heavy-duty cooling and charging, and I think it's even a bit lighter than the base car. Minor correction though, they were 9C3, not 1. 9C1 was a marked patrol car.

SexySilhouette
11-08-2011, 08:33 PM
A little off topic, but something else came in the shop today. A '98 9C1 Lumina, it was from Canada originally. It had a blue vinyl interior with Recaro front buckets, they even had the stitching up near the top. It was basic white exterior.

Yep. They had either blue or tan Recaros from the factory.