PDA

View Full Version : Questions!

Techfizzle
03-09-2008, 06:11 AM
1. How can i tell if my car has any antitheft stuff on it?
2. How do i tell if my car has JA1 or JA2 brakes.
3. How long does it take to remove the 2.5 cylinder head?
4. Where could i find a replacemnet hubcab for my spoked-like wheels?

Prospeeder
03-09-2008, 09:09 AM
1. The steering colum and shifter lock is all it has
4. Junkyard

85 Holiday
03-09-2008, 01:45 PM
2. was answered in your "what other wheels??" post, why are you asking again?

86euro
03-09-2008, 10:35 PM
3. It all depends on how much experience you have with engines and if you have air tools to use. Basically, anywhere from 20min to all day.

Jr's3800
03-09-2008, 10:44 PM
3. It all depends on how much experience you have with engines and if you have air tools to use. Basically, anywhere from 20min to all day.

Thats for certain... Air tools save a lot of time and hand/arm grief ....LOL

It could come apart really fast or really slow if you have never done this type of work before..:)

87Cutlass Ciera
03-10-2008, 03:36 PM
It took me about 20 minutes to get the valve cover off (removing anything that was going to be in the way and such, being careful...), and then another 20 to get the head off, but I took the head off after the motor was out, so that means that the exhaust was disconected from the manifold, and it was easier for me to see what was hooked up behind the intake manifold. You should dissconnect the fuel lines at the point where they come up into the engine bay, down by the brake lines, that was easiest, and I believe that there is a clip holding the fuel lines to the block (one located under the intake manifold, and there is one just off of the thermostat housing. They both use the same size socket if I remember correctly.) So I guess all things considered it took me about an hour to do it. And that was my first time.
Good luck!
CRC