PDA

View Full Version : Back again

Jairek
03-04-2012, 09:20 PM
well car working great now it stays really cool when im driving.... but the 94 oldsmobile 3.1 still has issues.. with the fuel pump always whining its like its vapor locking... what would cause this ?

RIPBARNBURNER
03-04-2012, 10:16 PM
When is the last time you changed the fuel filter?

Jairek
03-05-2012, 04:29 AM
what if i changed it like 4 times before and still get noise?

RIPBARNBURNER
03-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Hmm, then it's probably not the filter. Are you getting good pressure? I am wondering if there is a clog/blockage somewhere causing the pump to strain. Does it make a difference if the tank is full, or half, or close to empty? Or does it whine no matter what.

Jairek
03-06-2012, 02:59 AM
pretty much no matter what when i get at 220 on heat gauge then whines and whines if i put half tank still hear it full tank there's a little whine even.

RIPBARNBURNER
03-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Well the pump may just be on it's way out then. Does it start normally? (I.E. does it crank a long time before firing)

Jairek
03-07-2012, 02:29 AM
it cranks on fine... its like it gets to hot... then vapor locks press that little fuel pressure relief thing on injectors starts back up... now it seems like its whining the whole time in any weather, or heat on my gauge if its way cool itll stay quiet for a hour of driving seems to make car use alot more gas below half a tank

Sport Omega
03-08-2012, 01:23 AM
Make sure your return line isn't clogged. If it's running rich and has too much pressure that'll make the pump whine if it's working against too much psi.

Jairek
03-09-2012, 01:48 AM
Return line where is that at is that the 2nd line that goes into injectors? how would i unclog... i been driving around way slower lately like not jumping from green lights just keeping it under 2 grand seems to not over work the fuel pump and break it..... but there seems like a lot a lot pressure comes out when i press the little valve on the injector end. that usually keeps me able to start my car quicker again i found out if it dies sucks when it dies in traffic on a busy road....

Jairek
03-09-2012, 01:50 AM
would a clogged return line make it run rich? cause if i have a full tank it seems to get close to like 250 miles on half a tank from full to half.. well when pump is not overheating its not that old of a pump the lady who owned car before me..... Said she had it replaced like right before i bought it like 6 months back.. and i have had car for 2 years now.. pump hasnt fully gone out yet it always seems to start normally at any level of gas...

lemons bob
03-12-2012, 09:41 PM
If the car is running the fuel pressure is pretty high, even when it isn't it should stay high enough if you push the valve you would have a bit of a geyser, so without a guage its hard to get a useful reading.

If its clogged or not it shouldn't make a difference to running rich. If its running rich its probably either the o2 sensor is bad making the car think it needs to add fuel to work properly, or some injectors are not right and are feeding to much gas to the engine.

It could be the fuel injectors cause when mine went bad the engine would start bogging down at high rpm's. Although my fuel pump was also bad, and so were some spark plug wires.

Jairek
03-12-2012, 10:23 PM
The car throws a check engine light now and bogs down.... o 2 sensors make alot run wrong?

Jairek
03-12-2012, 10:25 PM
*At idle.... Then once I get moving cel turns offff

david_banks1330
08-16-2012, 09:26 AM
*At idle.... Then once I get moving cel turns offff

:rofl: