PDA

View Full Version : Database table

85_Ciera_Rebuild
03-24-2012, 11:12 PM
It's seems the "What's New," "New Posts," and "User CP" have issues, as in they generally don't show new activity.

eastmanblues
03-27-2012, 03:22 PM
I second this some post show no replies when they have a few and others do not get bumped when new replies are made

RIPBARNBURNER
03-27-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm seeing all kinda of crap here. Everytime I click 'post quick reply' I get this:

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo287/taurus2003/Untitled-8.jpg

The 'save' button for the post editor does not work unless you 'go advanced'

eastmanblues
03-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Something wrong with this site now I get something simmilar in IE 9

occupant
03-28-2012, 12:23 AM
Yes, if you look at the forum page for this "News & Site Feedback" section, it says this thread has 0 replies. But obviously it has many.

I am also getting the "you can't post more than once every 15 seconds" every time I post. And I swear I'm clicking once to post.

occupant
03-28-2012, 12:24 AM
The actual text is
"Errors
The following errors occurred with your submission
This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between posts. Please try again in 15 seconds."

But I only clicked once. And it brings me back to the Reply to Thread page.

Cutlass
03-28-2012, 05:28 PM
I am aware of the issues and I am working on fixing them. This site is entirely funded and operated by myself, and sometimes it is hard to find the solutions quickly. Switching servers like we did is a substantial undertaking that almost never goes as smoothly as planned.

That said, I have fixed the "What's new" and "Today's Posts" search errors. If any other issues arise with that, let me know. I have not been able to reproduce the quick reply and reply time limit errors that some of you are experiencing. Since we are on a new server, I suggest everyone manually delete any cookies left by this site and then re-login. It can also be an intermittent memory issue with the new server, and I am considering paying to increase the memory allocated to our server.

The number of replies that the system lists for each thread may be inaccurate temporarily because of a change made in how the database is updated. I forget the time, but it may take an hour to update.

Century7667
03-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Thanks for maintaining this site. I work IT, and I know it take time and effort ( as well as money).

Ken T.

occupant
03-29-2012, 05:37 PM
I am aware of the issues and I am working on fixing them. This site is entirely funded and operated by myself, and sometimes it is hard to find the solutions quickly. Switching servers like we did is a substantial undertaking that almost never goes as smoothly as planned.

That said, I have fixed the "What's new" and "Today's Posts" search errors. If any other issues arise with that, let me know. I have not been able to reproduce the quick reply and reply time limit errors that some of you are experiencing. Since we are on a new server, I suggest everyone manually delete any cookies left by this site and then re-login. It can also be an intermittent memory issue with the new server, and I am considering paying to increase the memory allocated to our server.

The number of replies that the system lists for each thread may be inaccurate temporarily because of a change made in how the database is updated. I forget the time, but it may take an hour to update.

Totally understand. I'm learning forum admin basics myself at coltvista.com and I'll be applying everything I learn when I launch minivanboard.com

It's much easier to do stuff at the beginning than to change it later. I'm not looking forward to growing pains when I reach certain limits with the shared server thing. I hope Hostgator is good at moving things around when it comes time to go dedicated!

RIPBARNBURNER
03-30-2012, 02:19 PM

Thanks very much, Cutlass Joe! Really appreciate all the work you do on his site for us. If I knew anything about that kind of stuff, I would be the first to offer my help. But, alas, I know only storms, cars, and sports LOL

Cutlass
04-12-2012, 10:59 PM
I made some memory tweaks and fixes about a week and a half ago. Has anyone experienced any issues lately?

occupant
04-12-2012, 11:07 PM
It's running awesomely for me. "New Posts" search works fine and I'm not getting double post errors anymore.

RIPBARNBURNER
04-13-2012, 12:41 AM
I am having no problems, Joe! Thanks :D

Cutlass
04-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Great! I'll get to work on a new site design.

Zaloryan
04-15-2012, 07:57 PM
I don't mean to rain on the parade, but I'm still experiencing problems. I use Google Chrome, if that means anything. I'm still seeing updated threads not get moved to the top of the page & posting is sometimes done double.