PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!11

Techfizzle
03-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Im putting the head together on my car. I will upload some pics later. There is a bracket that I found fallen down into the motor that went near the tbi or the black asembly with all the tv cables. I know it is for the throttle cause of the pice of metal that looks like it stops some sort of pintel. Can someone please thell me where it goes. It is a 4 cyl.
http://i28.tinypic.com/hrc27k.jpg

87Cutlass Ciera
03-28-2008, 11:28 PM
Hmm, I unfortunately can't find a good pic of my car's throttle assembly, but I do have a picture of a car with a motor the same as mine (and yours) and this is what it looks like http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2350000-2350999/2350324_113_full.jpg Now this car doesn't have cruise control, but that wouldn't change anything. I'm not sure that this helps anything, but it's my two cents. :)

Techfizzle
03-29-2008, 01:06 AM
My car has cc. I hooked up my tv asembly without that bracket and it works ok. That pice might of come from the rocker arm.

CieraSL92
03-29-2008, 01:32 AM
If you find extra pieces after reassembling something, a general rule is you fu**** up.

87Cutlass Ciera
03-29-2008, 01:49 AM
Looks like a mystery part to me, I've looked atevery picture of my car from the beginning of it all together till the end completely apart and I don't see that piece anywhere! Somebody on here will know what it is though!

Techfizzle
03-29-2008, 03:04 AM
I JUST WANTED TO THANK EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM FOR HELPING ME WITH THIS CAR.:) I STARTED IT AFTER GETTING THE HEAD REDONE AND IT RUNS FINE. HAS A LITTLE MISS AT HIGH RPMS, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THAT IS I LOOKED DOWN THE INJECTOR AND THE SPARY PATERN WAS GOOD SO I DONT KNOW WHAT WOULD CAUSE IT. ANYWAY THANKS TO ALL THAT HELPED ME
:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::r ock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::

85_Ciera_Rebuild
03-29-2008, 03:42 AM
LITTLE MISS AT HIGH RPMS

It could be a number of things, starting with Coil to Sensors to Plugs to Wires.

Did you find where that bracket went? Hopefully, within next week, I will be pulling that Duke out of my 1987 parts vehicle, and I'll take a look for you.

Techfizzle
03-29-2008, 03:46 AM
Well since that part was not oil coated. I am postive it didnt go in the rocker arm like I though it migh of even thou the hole lined up on on of rocker arms. My car runs ok without it so It cant be that important.