PDA

View Full Version : Remote keyless entry for a '94 Century

F14CRAZY
04-06-2008, 12:23 AM
Hey guys, I'm about to buy a '94 Century wagon. I'm familiar with GM vehicles though this is my first A body.

Anyway, the particular vehicle I'm buying has power locks but not keyless entry...is it as simple as pulling a module from another A body at a yard and plugging it in? Where is it located in the wagon? Thanks guys in advance.

CieraSL92
04-06-2008, 01:09 AM
Probably in the same place it is on my 92 ciera sedan.. Up against the wheel well behind the carpet. Little black box, maybe 12-14 wires to it. And no, I seriously doubt it will already be wired.. If all you want it to do is lock/unlock you can get that at the power lock relay. But it also illuminates the car when you press unlock (as in triggers dome-lights) Don't know how you'd get that function.

I have the factory keyless and aside from its absolute pitiful range it's been nice to have when your carrying something.

F14CRAZY
04-06-2008, 05:30 AM
I suppose in that case, if it isn't prewired, I could just get a good quality remote start/pager system which would include RKE. Thanks for the reply

Techfizzle
04-16-2008, 02:24 AM
I have the factory keyless and aside from its absolute pitiful range it's been nice to have when your carrying something
Crack it open a put some foil near the ir led. That oughta fix here. or new batteries

Jet
04-16-2008, 04:14 AM
I suppose in that case, if it isn't prewired, I could just get a good quality remote start/pager system which would include RKE. Thanks for the reply

That is what I did on my '93 Ciera. Have it installed by the place you buy it from. My car only had factory electric locks, and did not come with a remote when I got it. Before I had the system installed, I went to the junkyard and got an electric trunk solenoid and button, and put that in myself. Now I have RKE, remote start, and remote trunk :cheers: