PDA

View Full Version : Convertible

Techfizzle
04-08-2008, 10:32 PM
I know there was a company that could convert cars to convertibles.
1. Are they still around?
2. How much it would it cost?

Pontiac6ksteawd
04-08-2008, 11:17 PM
It would be cheaper, and easier to buy one that already is a convertable.

There is one currently up on ebay, but its overpriced.

CieraSL92
04-08-2008, 11:29 PM
The 84 Ciera vertible was manufactured by Oldsmobile, hah, incase you didn't know.. But It was sent off to Hess & Eisenhardt for the convertible conversion.

This company also converted John F Kennedys Lincoln (the very one he rode in when he was shot)

Techfizzle
04-09-2008, 12:49 AM
there was also a place out of ohio called "cars" that did them they did a lot of thme for the camaro. How hard will it be to install a sunroof in my ciera. I took one out of a sunroofed ciera at a jy its an aftermarket sunroof.

MorMan88celeb
04-09-2008, 01:20 AM
I'm guessing you could knock it out with a jig saw and a steady hand lol. There was a company around called Dr. Sunroof, or maybe the Sunroof Doctor, I'm to lazy to Google it right now, But they made Universal sunroof install kits, came with all your hardwear, gaskets etc. needed.

Techfizzle
04-09-2008, 01:22 AM
I do luckily have the gasket and hardware. I cant belive how much they are new (over $150) there just a pice of gasketed glass

87Cutlass Ciera
04-09-2008, 02:06 AM
I do luckily have the gasket and hardware. I cant belive how much they are new (over $150) there just a pice of gasketed glass

Glass itself is expensive! And of course you have your hardware to go with it, $150 doesn't seem too out of the park, mind you when you can get one out of the junk yard for the tune of 20 bucks, then yeah it seems outrageous

Zaloryan
04-09-2008, 02:30 AM
You may want to remember if you convert a hardtop to a convertible that you set the frame up correctly. In a stock convertible a lot of the frame setup is different from that of a hardtop. If not done correctly, the car itself could have an extremely loose body. Just my $0.02. ^_^

Techfizzle
04-09-2008, 02:50 AM
Yeah but there would be a company that does that? convertible coversions take a lot of time and money. I think Il just install a sunroof.