PDA

View Full Version : My 6000's first wax

Prospeeder
04-09-2008, 06:59 AM
Well probable the first wax in a REALLY long time, it sat for a year and the girl probably didnt wax it. It shined up abit and it looks cool in the rain. Heres some pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/Prospeeder/Pontiac%206000/100_3117.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/Prospeeder/Pontiac%206000/100_3116.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/Prospeeder/Pontiac%206000/100_3115.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/Prospeeder/Pontiac%206000/100_3118.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/Prospeeder/Pontiac%206000/100_3119.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/Prospeeder/Pontiac%206000/100_3120.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/Prospeeder/Pontiac%206000/100_3121.jpg

Electra_T_Type
04-09-2008, 07:03 AM
Am I the only one that loves trunk lid luggage racks?

GMFWDFAN
04-09-2008, 03:04 PM
Nope. I have an odd fetish for them as well. :lol:

The 6k looks great. :rock:

Techfizzle
04-09-2008, 04:03 PM
I was going to use a trunk rack off a ciera on my car. Then I got to thinking, when I build my super duper huge shopping cart style aluminum spoiler, that would be in the way!

LordDurock
04-09-2008, 04:33 PM
no rice stuff here tech.
the 6000 looks great though

dcjredline
04-09-2008, 05:20 PM

You may not be but I am not in the same thought pattern as you are. I dont like them...well not on 6k's on a BUICK maybe thats an old mans car anyway!!! :kekeke:

LordDurock
04-09-2008, 06:21 PM
You may not be but I am not in the same thought pattern as you are. I dont like them...well not on 6k's on a BUICK maybe thats an old mans car anyway!!! :kekeke:

then why do they have more power then any other car (besides caddys) befor the 80's

dcjredline
04-09-2008, 08:04 PM
then why do they have more power then any other car (besides caddys) befor the 80's

Dunno but we are talking about 80's cars here incase you didnt notice! It was a total joke anyway I like almost all cars (Cant include ANY Mustang cept the Shelby and Boss 429)

Jr's3800
04-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Looks good... White always looks good after a cleaning..

Not so fond of the Luggage rack..

* Eyeballs Don's STE Deck Wing *

LordDurock
04-09-2008, 11:18 PM
Dunno but we are talking about 80's cars here incase you didnt notice! It was a total joke anyway I like almost all cars (Cant include ANY Mustang cept the Shelby and Boss 429)

i was talkign about how pre 80 buic motors always were better then anything else except caddys. just want ot say buick at a old man car basicly

87Cutlass Ciera
04-09-2008, 11:35 PM
OMG I love my Luggage rack! My grandmother had one without and then I got one with and I must say it really adds to the look, personally I think it adds a bit of a sporty look, and I took the thrid brake light and made an "Oldsmobile" cutout to go on the inside of the lens, so when it's dark and you can see it it says Oldsmobile! Pretty sweet! Awwww shucks I miss my car!! I seriously dislike the Passat!! And somebody scratched the side of it (3-4 inches long), looks like a shopping car deed but still, and now the clear coat is going to start peeling on the door, thank god I won't be driving it in 2 months!

mickstan_VR
04-10-2008, 12:50 AM
YOUR opinion is that Buick motors were always better than others. Except Cadillac? IMHO Cadillac made some junk. Especially in the 70s and 80's. Big problems with thier motors. The aluminum blocks were junk. Dons right, Buicks and caddys were made for old men. If you wanted performance, you bought a Chevy or a Pontiac. Remember "Heartbeat of America" and "We Build Excitement"?
Heres a couple of slogans that were also used to market to a specific group of buyers: Cadillacs pitch to the old men "Haven't you Promised yourself a Cadillac Long Enough?" Or maybe Buicks pitch to the old people "You're due. Definitely due." I'm sorry, but neither one of those really reeks of performance!
Sorry to get off-topic here.

LordDurock
04-10-2008, 01:11 AM
YOUR opinion is that Buick motors were always better than others. Except Cadillac? IMHO Cadillac made some junk. Especially in the 70s and 80's. Big problems with thier motors. The aluminum blocks were junk. Dons right, Buicks and caddys were made for old men. If you wanted performance, you bought a Chevy or a Pontiac. Remember "Heartbeat of America" and "We Build Excitement"?
Heres a couple of slogans that were also used to market to a specific group of buyers: Cadillacs pitch to the old men "Haven't you Promised yourself a Cadillac Long Enough?" Or maybe Buicks pitch to the old people "You're due. Definitely due." I'm sorry, but neither one of those really reeks of performance!

454 chevel basicly a buick skylark more or less. but the skylark had a 455. now the 455 wieghts about 100 pounds more then 350. puts out 500 flb of trouqe at 2800prms (damn) and 400 hp a 454 puts out less then that stock nad ways 750 pounds...wow.. buick as geared ther cars to all groups building some for speed some for grandma and other to drive. the key thing abotu buick is its a lugery car.

GSX GNX some of the best pro cars of all time
RIVRIA built for comfert and sport.
3300 buick motors built to give the power at the right point for a nice peppy daily driver.

buick as always built motors to top every one in power and profromince. there cars built to do what you want in style ;)
caddy are just just foo foo nice cars.

i will say buick has truned into a foo foo moble caddys always were btu they had power ;) jthey just way to much.

Electra_T_Type
04-10-2008, 01:24 AM
Reminds me of europion country touring thangoing to church :)

Last I checked at the factory stock drags the GSXs were mopping the floor with any Chevy, Corvettes excepted.

dcjredline
04-10-2008, 03:12 AM
OMG!!! We are all here discussing the 1982-1996 A-body cars. Out of THOSE cars the Buicks are geared towards the old people more so than the Pontiac or Chebbys Olds is in a close race for old people with the Buicks. It has NOTHING to do with MY opinion on Buicks or Oldsmobile whatsoever (I happen to love the GS Centuries and the Olds XC's) NOR THE 1965-1975 Muscle cars at the drag strip! I was simply commenting on the luggage rack on the A-bodies which was what the topic turned into. I know some 6k's had them (duh its in the thread) and I know you could get them on a Celebrity but they were MUCH more common on the Buicks and Olds's!!!

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH!!!!!!!!!!

LordDurock
04-10-2008, 03:17 AM
Reminds me of europion country touring thangoing to church :)

Last I checked at the factory stock drags the GSXs were mopping the floor with any Chevy, Corvettes excepted.

that was i said buick voer chevey............

Zaloryan
04-10-2008, 03:40 AM
I'd like a luggage rack, but I don't want to wax around it when my baby gets painted, so my trunk will stay nekkid. >_>

By the way, back in the 60s and 70s, Oldsmobile engines had the most torque straight from the factory. :rock: Any stock 454 couldn't keep up with a stock Olds 455 with that W-25 or W-30 option!

Techfizzle
04-10-2008, 04:23 AM
I dont think spoilers and fancy pedals are ricey. I think it atracts the ladies. Its all about competion. "Older people like there cars to look nice, We like ours cars to look rice."
Remeber the good ol' days of novas and some of the shit they did to them? Acid-Dipped Fenders, Hood Scoops, Sucide doors and knobs. Then the 70's everyone had to have to big bertha pimp vans with the artwork on them and the peice sighns, When the 80's hit it was all about technolgy as a lot cars had newer tech stuff on them. People had started to dabble in high fi audio in cars. Also alot of custom paitning and stripes were popular. In the 90's there were more pro sound and alot of people started to buy ground kits. Today the possiblitys are endles alteza tailights ground and body kits under car lighting, computer controled intakes, bumble bee exhausts, dash covers, etc. China,Japan and india have the worlds smartes kids and they have always been a step ahead of us. So I think putting all this (what you call "rice") in my car makes it look like something "new" with alot of us seem to be atracted to. So in my 2 cents I look more smarter and sophistcated with the add-ons.

dcjredline
04-10-2008, 04:41 AM
#1 who said rice? And #2 "I LOOK MORE SMARTER THAN YOU"?

WOW, I wonder how someone could say that kids in India are smarter. Huh.

Jr's3800
04-10-2008, 01:03 PM
I think we have all gotten way off topic here...

I don't care for the Luggage rack.... I also never said it made the car look bad either.... I just don't care for it as I prefer the cleaner look of the deck wing as on Dons STE 6000 ....

Back to my original statement.... The White 6000 looks good after a wax Job... White is one of those colors that I love after a Clay bar and a good waxing... It just stands out:)

dcjredline
04-10-2008, 01:15 PM
I too think white looks soo nice because of the contrast with the black parts on cars ie: Tires, moldings.

LordDurock
04-10-2008, 03:33 PM
I'd like a luggage rack, but I don't want to wax around it when my baby gets painted, so my trunk will stay nekkid. >_>

By the way, back in the 60s and 70s, Oldsmobile engines had the most torque straight from the factory. :rock: Any stock 454 couldn't keep up with a stock Olds 455 with that W-25 or W-30 option!

whata re the tourqe specs on a old 455.

i know the buick 500 flbs are 2800 rpms (not to be comfused the the boat ancor 454)