PDA

View Full Version : door panel?

Techfizzle
04-09-2008, 03:59 PM
The door on my drivers side is rotten. The ultra-cheap junkyard next door has a 91 cutlass ciera xc special edition with eletrcic doors. I know the door panels are diffrent from mine. But If I use that door (from the xc) will the mouting holes be ther for my dorr panel or will I have to drill and tap my own holes
The I got to thinking could use the new door's power window motor! Couldnt I run a 12 volt wire next to it and then to a 3 way swich that would be mounted in my old dorr panel?
Could I do this to lock or put my manual lock in there? Can someone clear me up on this?

Techfizzle
04-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Can someone please anwser this as I will be going to the jy soon.

a1veedubber
04-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Can someone please anwser this as I will be going to the jy soon.

If the XC is a 91 2 door, it will have the seatbelts IN the doors. The interior door panels are quite a bit different IIRC. If you get it to work, you will have a coupe much like the one in my local boneyard!

This is an 87 power window coupe that had a manual-window door put on the pass side!

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z269/a1veedubber/Junkyard%20finds/87CieraCoupeinterior2308.jpg

If I were doing this, I would probably just buy both doors & convert to door-mounted seatbelts & power windows! Coupe doos are a PITA to find so you kinda have to take what you can find!

Techfizzle
04-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Wow does that have a Digitla Dash?

85_Ciera_Rebuild
04-10-2008, 10:18 PM
Can someone clear me up on this?

Imho, stay away from electric windows....cranks work so much better.

Techfizzle
04-10-2008, 10:20 PM
If the XC is a 91 2 door, it will have the seatbelts IN the doors
I just now noticed this. Do ya think the door rust on my car is fixable?
Also how hard is it to remove a fender?

CieraSL92
04-11-2008, 12:43 AM
I love my power windows. Cranks suck.

Don't have any facts to base that on, but.. They suck :)