PDA

View Full Version : Nitro?

Techfizzle
04-11-2008, 02:23 AM
I got to thiniking how I've read on the web about people with the iron duke having to gun it to pass people on the highway. I think my motor is a little underpowered. I think What I Could do is drill a hole in each of my intake man tubes to the head tap it and insert brass fitings. Then Run 4 tubes to a 4 way tee. Then from that a little hose to the inside of my car and then hook it up to a little bottle of nitro! Then the people on the intersate can watch in utter hororr as I rocket it past them in a 4 cylinder. MUWHHAHAHA!!! :rock::rock::rock:

LordDurock
04-11-2008, 02:26 AM
i belive you going to need more of a metting system and look in to how much power you want you nos shoot ot make. after that you need to check that you car and motor can hadle that.

Techfizzle
04-11-2008, 02:33 AM
how much is nos to get it filled? thinking $5 for a 10 pound tank?

GatorsFan38
04-11-2008, 06:34 PM
how much is nos to get it filled? thinking $5 for a 10 pound tank?
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-111633.html

85 Holiday
04-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Duke go BOOM. no no no no

Pilrulz
04-11-2008, 09:52 PM
I've owned a few dukes, and I have a feeling that this will work exactly once.

But it's your car...

1995 Gold Ciera
04-11-2008, 10:33 PM
First off, it is not nitro. I have no idea where that name came from. It is also not "nos" or as the ricers like to pronounce it "nawz."

NOS (in referring to the company) stands for Nitrous Oxide Systems.

The technical term for nitrous oxide is N2O or if you really want to be anal.... Dinitrogen Monoxide.

Anyway, can you install it on your car? Yes you can. Will it work? Most likely not successfully. Your engine is not really prepped to handle the system. I'm not going to go too deep into details, but if anything is done incorrectly, ie. you get greedy and install the incorrect nitrous solenoid, you will probably enjoy an early Fourth of July celebration with your intake most likely taking the brunt of it.

Just my .02

Techfizzle
04-12-2008, 12:18 AM
an n2o selnoid? Nos works like a propane grill the more you turne the valve on da tnak the more n2o goes in

Zaloryan
04-12-2008, 04:44 AM
The engine has to be prepped for such an outing and be able to frequently handle the sheer power of what you are suggesting.

Think of it this way: As of now, with your engine as it is, (assuming you haven't rebuilt the motor to handle nitrous oxide) it's like taking an 83 year old man out on an evening with a playboy bunny on each arm. Sure he can do it once, but the next day, he's going to be dead from all the excitement! :happysad:

Not to burst your bubble or anything Techfizzle, but you may consider turbocharging your Iron Duke. I'm not sure if it could be built to a turbo setup, but the bonus with turbocharging is after the initial investment, you're done! There's no more nitrous oxide to buy, you just push the pedal and the power comes! I'll let Turbokinetic speak his mind on this as he knows way more than I do regarding turbos...

bpogi
12-18-2008, 12:31 AM
I hear crickets chirping.

Tonglebeak
12-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Why are we bashing on tech? This thread is over EIGHT MONTHS OLD!

86euro
12-19-2008, 02:03 AM
I wonder where Techie's been lately:dunno: