PDA

View Full Version : Window trim...how to remove...?

F14CRAZY
05-08-2008, 02:52 AM
Hey guys, the outside seals of the door-windows on my Century is pretty bad. Tons of cracking and I'd prefer that rain not get inside the door. Is it attached to the chrome strip that runs just under the windows? How do you remove it? I figure I can just grab some decent ones from a u-pull. thanks.

85_Ciera_Rebuild
05-08-2008, 04:09 AM
How do you remove it? I figure I can just grab some decent ones from a u-pull. thanks.

Go to U-Pull, and look for a wrecked vehicle, which has some trim dislodged...

Most trim pulls off...but I would ask someone in the body business...on your vehicle.

86euro
05-08-2008, 10:45 PM
The rubber strip is attached to the metal part of the molding, you need to remove the inner door panel, window, and mirror to get to the 7mm retaining screws.

cadaver
05-11-2008, 12:56 AM
i had to do the same to my wagon. its a bit of a pain to take off the door panel and take the window out, but it helped with the looks alot. no more cracked, half missing rubber.

F14CRAZY
05-11-2008, 03:04 AM
hmmm, maybe I'll be lucky and find a car in the yard with the glass out already, but otherwise it sounds like quite an effort

Techfizzle
05-11-2008, 03:28 AM
the trim that goes around the bottom of the roof near the doors, how to you remove that?