PDA

View Full Version : 94 Buick Century Problems

Luyya23
05-11-2008, 05:17 AM
Hey, I'm new to here, and I have a 94 century sedan. I've got three problems going on. One of them is the engine code, and was checked, saying my EGR valve, I see some one else had this same problem. Maybe thats a defect of the 94? Also, my passenger front window will go down with no problem, but getting it back up. Takes a good twenty minutes. Would that just be the motor? or what? And also now.. After driving for about 30 - 45 minutes, it gets very hot down by the floor pans / pedals. Some one said a clogged CAT. So I'd appreciate any responces.

Thanks

CieraSL92
05-11-2008, 05:41 PM
The door panel can be taken off and the window tracks cleaned and greased-likely the window motors had it though.

I haven't seen cats glow red because of clogging, but I guess that's possible if the exhaust is hanging around in there? It's usually because raw fuel is being dumped into the cat. How's the engine run? Do you have emissions tests whereever you are?

Need to know exactly what the code said. EGR is too vague.

85_Ciera_Rebuild
05-12-2008, 01:23 AM
front window will go down..but getting it back up.

A gentle assist might help...the question is if the problem is electrical (switch/wire/motor), or mechanical (dragging on something).

I've seen power windows that do not receive enough juice...you have to take the door panel off, and manually "fire it up" with a good positive/negative wires.

I hate power windows, and last vehicle I had, I nuked all but driver's side, so they would not work. I also hate power door locks, all get nuked.