PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Groups

Pontiac6ksteawd
10-19-2019, 06:39 AM
Looks like Yahoo is closing all there groups, which means we might see an influx of displaced a-bodyers looking for a new home.

They are welcome, and I will work hard, with the other moderators, to welcome them, and keep everything moving forward.

It's a shame that the resource of those Yahoo groups is going away. There's a lot of good info there. I can't believe they are just going to delete everything on the 21st of this month. That's where I met a lot of good people thru the years, both in real life, and in the group.

CorvairGeek
10-19-2019, 04:19 PM
That's too bad, I never knew there was one. I went searching for it and still can't find it.

Pontiac6ksteawd
10-20-2019, 03:26 PM
Theres a couple different forums...
RareFwdGMABody which is currently active, but as I said, is closing
The6000Club which i moderate, not active, hasnt had a post since 2015
ChevyCelebrityClubOfAmerica is the old main forum, with tons of good info. The administrators disappeared, spam trolled in, new members couldnt join. Everyone left and joined RareFWDGMAbody.

There are members of the Yahoo boards that dont wont to join a forum life this. Sorry, this is the option

My problem is, there are members of the yahoo board, that are already members here, but have forgotten their log in info, and cant get in. LOL. Im trying to help them.

@Cutlass, you still around man?

Cutlass
10-21-2019, 01:02 AM
Here is the lost password form - https://www.a-body.net/forums/login.php?do=lostpw

Any other issues, send me a PM. Had no idea Yahoo Groups was still around.

Pontiac6ksteawd
10-21-2019, 01:09 AM
He already did that, and gets a message back that the user name doesn't exist.

rarecarvr
10-21-2019, 05:29 AM
I'll be here more frequently once yahoo shuts everything down soon.
The format over there changed a lot recently & I can't access the members section
to direct those who don't know everything will likely move over here.
Is there a way to have photo albums here-I'm sure members from yahoo
Would like to transfer photos here?

Cutlass
10-21-2019, 12:44 PM
I'll be here more frequently once yahoo shuts everything down soon.
The format over there changed a lot recently & I can't access the members section
to direct those who don't know everything will likely move over here.
Is there a way to have photo albums here-I'm sure members from yahoo
Would like to transfer photos here?

This version of vBulletin doesn't have native gallery support (not sure if the latest one does either). There are some add-on options that I can try out. In the meantime, everyone should be able to attach images using our server for posting in threads.

tlc1976
10-22-2019, 03:52 AM
Oh wow. I've been pretty busy lately and haven't gotten on either group. But after starting there in the early 2000s, I just revisited the yahoo group earlier this year. On a lonely stormy winter weekend I read most of the posts, what a memory jogger. Sad to see it going down. One thing I noticed is that if a couple months passed I used to say was a long time ago. Now almost 20 years later a couple months is nothing. I met a lot of good people there too, some in person. I'm still driving the Celebrity I got in 2003, and of course my beautiful Cruiser.