My latest "update"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My latest "update"

So I arrived at my fiances house to have our normal breakfast and wish her day at work well when her mom yells for me and gives me a sticky note saying, "I hit your car, Dawn 555-5555, very sorry!" Then I immediately ran outside pissed because one the neighbor just left the scene and two...well look at the pictures below:

Next I proceeded to take it to get an estimate, which came out to $1700, basicly covering the costs of a new door and a paintjob and labor of course. Then I hit the police office, which I then got a police report and finally late to work by about 2 hours. Now I'm off and I see her Ranger is in the driveway, but then my fiances dad said she left in her cadilac, not returning my call yet. Oh by the way, her Ranger is fine by the way. But it my car gets totalled then I'm gonna accidentally back into her Corvette, or perhaps her new F250 or Cadiliac or just the Ranger. I'm pissed and I'm not about to just total this car that only has 75K on it and runs perfectly.
    Last edited by bubblebob88; 11-18-2008, 11:08 PM.
    -John

"Do you got a V8 in that Cutlass or something" -Some drunk hoosier barbecuing at a park

i cant see whats wrong, lol.
    "Pontiac, Of Course"
    1990 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prix 3.1T
    1998 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T
    1999 Audi A6 Quattro Wagon
    1991 Audi 200 Auto
    1980 VW Dasher Diesel

Comment

the links were mixed up, Im sure you do now
      -John

"Do you got a V8 in that Cutlass or something" -Some drunk hoosier barbecuing at a park

Comment

haha I thought Pontiac 6K was being sarcastic, lol but wow, thats a nasty dent. So was it your fiances mother who backed into it? or a next door neighbour? Or some stranger off the street? whomever it was, by the list of vechicles, sounds like they should be able to afford the door repair. Still shitty, I'd flip my lid if I ever found something like that had happened to my car.

Comment

neighbor directly across the street
          -John

Comment

youch, thats pretty ugly. i see it now, im like hmm is he joking about how bad it got hit, lol.
            "Pontiac, Of Course"
            1990 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prix 3.1T
            1998 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T
            1999 Audi A6 Quattro Wagon
            1991 Audi 200 Auto
            1980 VW Dasher Diesel

Comment

Ugh. Hopefully the insurance adjuster will be understanding. The fact that your car has low miles and appears to be in great shape will give it a fighting chance.
              -Andy

'86 Eurosport VR coupe
              '86 Eurosport sedan
              '88 Eurosport VR coupe
              '89 Eurosport wagon

Comment

it might not be tooo hard to find a door that color in good shape, that way you wouldnt have to worry about a paint job.
                1989 Celebrity 2.8l v6 115,000 miles
                Cold Air Intake-----------------------Trans-am Spoiler
                Cherry Bomb Turbo Muffler------225/50/R16 Hankook's
                Custom Dual Exhaust Setup---Alpine CDA-D855
                MA-Audio 12" Sub------------------Soundstorm Amp
                --------Custom "firm/lowered" suspension---------

Comment

Originally posted by bubblebob88 View Post
                  Oh by the way, her Ranger is fine by the way. But it my car gets totalled then I'm gonna accidentally back into her Corvette, or perhaps her new F250 or Cadiliac or just the Ranger. I'm pissed and I'm not about to just total this car that only has 75K on it and runs perfectly.
                  Bummer, Im sorry to hear/see this. Good luck with the procedings.

Im gonna say your best bet would be her Cadilac , The F250 and Ranger are too high off the ground and would hurt your car more, and if you even just barely bump the Vette it will most likely cause thousands in damage being that parts for a Vette are expensive and Vettes are extremely fragile. I doubt your Insurance company would be too happy about this. But seriously I wouldnt do anything, Its not worth it.
                  1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera, 3.8 V6, FE3 Suspension, Leather, 4 Door, Aluminum Wheels, And The Full Gauge Cluster. I Sure Do Miss Her.

1995 Geo Metro 1.0 Inline 3, 5 Speed

1992 Mazda B2200, 2.2 Inline 4, 5 Speed

1993 Ford Ranger XL Supercab, 4.0 V6, Auto, 4x4

Comment

the good news is the damage is located only to the door. thats a plus. dont do anything fro real she will problay have the money to sew you for doing it on perpuse lol. relax adn done be so pissed shit happens at lest she left you a note and a number. and ytou know ware she lives.

you car could look like that after all

Originally posted by LordDurock
                    most great ideas will lose the original luster and wonder of their profound expression, when subject to the masses, for all ideas are building blocks on the greater truth, not the whole truth
                    82 Buick Century 4.3lt diesel
                    00 VW jetta 2.0
                    00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Comment

or dented in and fun to fix area lol (notice how the trunk deck does no fit right (but it does seal)

Originally posted by LordDurock
                      most great ideas will lose the original luster and wonder of their profound expression, when subject to the masses, for all ideas are building blocks on the greater truth, not the whole truth
                      82 Buick Century 4.3lt diesel
                      00 VW jetta 2.0
                      00 vw beetle 1.9 TDI

Comment

Yeah, I was pretty pissed earlier, I'm not going to blow up anything. I talk to her agent tomorrow, maybe if it gets total, I'll get the money, then keep the car and just get another door. There's a couple gold cutlass's at my jy so i'll get one of those until i primer my car, also with the cash i can finally buy my eurosport body kit ive had someone holding for me for a couple weeks now. but whatever i guess, could of been worse.
                        -John

Comment

Man, that really rots! I'm sorry to hear about your car. I completely understand your frustration. One of my friends sat on my hood and put a slight dent in it on the crease. At least she didn't nail your expensive rims!
                          What is this & what does pulling it out do?

Comment

Oh yeah, those made me run a little faster when I was on my way to see the damage, I just sold them and really wanted the the cash for other parts! I think things will work out in my favor - sweet primer exterior with a eurosport kit and my new 6 spoke rims I can't wait, my next update should be more exciting lol
                            -John

Comment

So it's possible your car could have been/could be wrote off just because of that dent in your door? This is the vibe i'm sensing.

Comment

Working...
                              X